MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had no problems with my bike so far (F3 675 20012) but after reading several horror stories about the dead throttle issue on here I'd be interested to see if this could become a recall issue on safety grounds??
Not sure how anyone could raise that sort of issue?
Also does anyone know the part number for the newer throttle and a cost for the part. I'm planning on taking my bike on foreign track days next year which a'int cheap, I'd be well pissed off if the bike refused to work because of this throttle thing.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I can't imagine they would do a recall. I'm waiting on one under warranty. It is a concern that I might get a sudden failure when I need the power to get me past a tricky moment, like an overtake or intersection but the reality is bikes fail at inconvenient times. Now I'm aware of the higher possibility of it happening hopefully I can respond quickly and get the clutch in to use my momentum to get me out of the danger zone. Freaky thought though. I'll be happier when I get new throttle on.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
If you so worried then get the Rivale throttle. Smoother action than the light throttle on the F3. I didn't wait for mine to fail. I replaced it as soon as the Rivale throttle became available and no regrets. Love the feel also.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you so worried then get the Rivale throttle. Smoother action than the light throttle on the F3. I didn't wait for mine to fail. I replaced it as soon as the Rivale throttle became available and no regrets. Love the feel also.
I'm going to do that, is the part number for the Rivale throttle the same as the latest F3 throttle?

I've visited my new local dealer today, had a twist of the 2015 F3 throttle, it's totally different to mine in terms of spring weight, feels normal. Unfortunately they haven't got the setup for checking parts & costs etc yet, they say it should be a couple of weeks before they are up & running properly.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Do a search (would do it for you, but too lazy now), I've posted the part number for the Rivale updated throttle on a few occasions.

Where did you see a 2015 F3 (Have they even been released)?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts