MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help from the techincal experts :stickpoke

Two weeks ago my i went to start my F4, turned the key to "on", and nothing happend :wtf:
I mean nothing, no lights on the dashboard, no gas being pumped, nothing.....

At first i though it may be the battery, but it was charged and still nothing.....

After that i was already able to start it, but it's defenatly an intermitent issue, because it's an on/off thing.

What can it be??? What should i (the mech, that's not an MV mech) look for?
Anyone had this problem before?

·
Living the Dream
2,755 Posts
might seem stupid, but i have blown all kinds of fuses on my bike that dealt specifically with the cluster. i would check that first considering it is a quick thing to look at. i apologize in advance if this is a stupid response :smoking:

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Greeneggs&ham said:
might seem stupid, but i have blown all kinds of fuses on my bike that dealt specifically with the cluster. i would check that first considering it is a quick thing to look at. i apologize in advance if this is a stupid response :smoking:
Thanks for the suggestion :)

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Hey Tiago, don't forget I had this problem (or a very similar one) when I first got my bike. See the old thread. I'll dig it out. It was the soldering on the ignition switch that was faulty, nothing to do with the alarm.
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=754

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
could be a contact in the ignition key.

or it could be a contact to the main relay. or the realy itself. the main relay is marked as item #3 in the attached document. you need to check that it's working.

alex

Attachments

·
Registered
403 Posts
Three things:
- fuses
- battery connection screw not enough tight
- a contact in the ignition
- a broken or corroded wire in the electical system, it's happened to me last month.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks a lot, everyone!!!! :) :)

I'll pass this info to the mechanic today.
I hope it's something easy to fix.

Vane, those are four things :D ;)

·
Registered
975 Posts
let me know when you find the problem as i have exactly the same thing on the white edition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Flaming said:
You're right...friday morning... :laughing: :zzz:
:laughing: :laughing:

Alka: sure i'll let you know what was the problem and you do the same about your's :)

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
style_one said:
gotta love .net :D
Yep :)

I just called the mechanic and told him it might be the ignition and he said it must be it, because when he bypass the ignition the bike starts just fine.
But let's wait and see if it's really that :drummer:

·
Registered
975 Posts
i think it's that problem too!!! i'm waiting for the bike to give it to my mv mechanic, we will try this!!!!!

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The mechanic said it's not a soldering problem on the ignition, so it's not the same problem John had.... :(
I'm still waiting to know what's this all about... :eek:nthecan:

Alka, do you have any update on your's?

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
On bikes that has been left or been ridden in the rain, I normally use an automotive electrical contact spray on all the contact ponts.joints and relays.

The contact spray removes crap such as oil, surface rush oxidations etc off the terminals which allows proper contact.

80% of the time this will cure most electrical problem.

Give it a go, the electrical spray is about $15.00 AUD and last for ages.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hey Buddy!
It happened to me one time when I took off the battery to charge it. I left one of the two negative cables loose, since the cable is so near the metal parts at certain moments it grounded and started, but as soon as I moved it it failed. I caught the problem and felt inmensely idiot but very relaxed.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok, just called the mechanic and the MV is up and running again!!!!! :conveyer: :smoking:

The problem was a broken wire inside the eletric system :cussing: :mad:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts