MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it almost made it to the first major service interval before the hub failed. Glad I bought the three-year, zero deductible warranty.

·
Vendor
5,337 Posts
Sorry to hear about the failure.That is the average mileage they fail.I have added you to the long fatality list.:jsm:

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do the Mitch hub! It looks more suited to work on a jet plane than a motorcycle. ;)
That is my intent. But since it will be a warranty repair, I'll have to get the dealer to source a non-MV part. Not sure how that will work. :confused:

·
Registered
14,502 Posts
That is my intent. But since it will be a warranty repair..... :confused:
order it yourself from Mitch and tell them to install it....

the labor for them will be the same, but they'll probably try to screw you anyway for extra labor because they won't get their percentage on the hub

·
Registered
111 Posts
What are the signs of hub failure? I changed the hub bearings 3000 mi. ago with stock ones because I heard pulsing vibration at 30,000 mi.. Now I am hearing same pulsing vibration but not nearly pronounced. Good tight fits and no signs of spun bearing when I replaced them and no pulsing vibration afterwards. I am going to get the good bearing from CAG? But i think my hub is still good. Just broke as hell. Need to ride and go to Laguna Seca too. Appreciate any input.

Thanks AZB

·
Vendor
5,337 Posts
What are the signs of hub failure? I changed the hub bearings 3000 mi. ago with stock ones because I heard pulsing vibration at 30,000 mi.. Now I am hearing same pulsing vibration but not nearly pronounced. Good tight fits and no signs of spun bearing when I replaced them and no pulsing vibration afterwards. I am going to get the good bearing from CAG? But i think my hub is still good. Just broke as hell. Need to ride and go to Laguna Seca too. Appreciate any input.

Thanks AZB
On the road,the feeling is like a flat rear tyre when the bearing fails.Their can be particles of metal noticed on the wheel rim.When the bike is on the rear stand if there is any sideways movement of the wheel at all inspection of the bearing/hub should be made.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
and if you miss those first signs the second sign is ...its like riding on oil or ice

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
order it yourself from Mitch and tell them to install it....

the labor for them will be the same, but they'll probably try to screw you anyway for extra labor because they won't get their percentage on the hub
Wish I could afford to do that, but I have to save money for Bubba 5 (yes, I'm one of the working stiffs with an addiction to beautiful motorcycles). Anyway, all parts and labor a covered 100% by warranty; that's why I'm hoping I can talk them into sourcing from Mitch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts