MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read the other thread on a dead dash but the ssymptoms my brutale is having are a little different.
This has happened to me twice only after pumping gas if that matters.
First time
I turn the key to on
No dash lights
No head light

I turn key completely to left
Parking lights do come on

Turn key to on again
No dash lights
No headlight

I hop off bike go take a leak come back
Turn key
Everything turns on and off I go
Bike Runs normal no other issues.

Second time
Turn key on No dash lights
No headlight

Turn key off put kickstand down wait a minute
Put kickstand up
Turn key on everything comes on off I go
Biker Runs normal no they issues

I called previous owner he said it only happened to him once and then never again he couldn't re create the problem when speaking to a mechanic

Brutale 750s 2004 now with 12k miles
Power commander 3
Arrow slip on

No other mods

I'm concerned it may be the spu or something else can any of you wise folk point me in the right direction to diagnose this problem.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Anything else besides the dash issue? Is the fuel pump priming when you turn the key on, when the dash didn't work?

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
If it is not fitted with an alarm system, you are describing a possible ignition switch issue or battery connection issue. Are you able to handle a multimeter? If so check input and output voltage around the switch. While you are at it, check battery terminals are tight, and earth straps as well.

·
Super Moderator
24,431 Posts
What type of battery is in this bike?

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
change all your battery leads and earth leads,the one to the starter soleniod,the one to starter motor and the one from negative to earth.this could be your problem.

cheers eddy

·
Super Moderator
24,431 Posts
Changing your battery lead for a heavier gauge wire will allow more current flow from your battery when under heavy load. It will not solve the problem you are experiencing. If your current leads are intact and connected well and correctly the problem lies elsewhere.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Checked my leads and battery voltage. Voltage Sitting off, sitting idle, and revved were good. I going to have to check elsewhere for this problem.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Did you ever find the problem? I have an 04 Brute doing the same thing. It gets warm I stop and shut the bike off, lets say to pump gas. Turn the key back on and nothing. wait a few minutes and she starts back up. I have a new battery and the connections are good. I think ignition switch so far. The wires were routed rather tight around the throttle cables.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.