MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2007 Brutale 910 r and I am getting ready for some track race days (fun days not real race days) and was able to shed the catalytic converter and charcoal canister. I installed a HP Corse with a mid-pipe. I shed the plate holder and installed LEDs all the way around. The total amount of weight savings is staggering! Any other suggestions from this point?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Endless options, what are you trying to accomplish? What's you budget? Lots of carbon fiber, titanium and magnesium parts are available. Engine mods, brake mods etc. Its not too hard to dump 30K in a $6500 bike.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't want to make a dedicated race bike and I don't want to make it unrideable. I was under the impression that euro 2 was race ready.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
I don't want to make a dedicated race bike and I don't want to make it unrideable. I was under the impression that euro 2 was race ready.
There's no such thing as a "race ready" bike from the production line buddy. The best performance and ride-ability upgrade you can do is also one of the most expensive, and that's to get a Microtec M226 from Chris at X-Bikes.
There's nothing wrong with the brakes on that bike, and if you get the suspension set up by someone that know's his stuff it'll do great for a track day bike.:smile2:

·
Administrator
20,746 Posts
What he said......forget weight. Your bike came with the Marchesini forged wheels. You need to focus on tuning, and a MicroTech will be your best investment.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys! Looks like I am saving for Microtech. I will have to start with a power commander and a dyno tunning. I bought my bike from a mv dealer and an excellent group of people at Rockwell Cycles in NY. They seem to know their MV's.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Don't waste your money on a Power Commander, just save up and get a Microtec (make sure you get this spelling right) when you can, no use paying twice but only one product really works.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Agree with those comments above.

Mine has a Microtec (set up by X-Bikes), Nitron rear shock, full hp corse system, along with many other extras (don't want to add up the cost!), but these two items should be your starting point.

I have had a PCIII on a 910R, again dynod by X-Bikes, and whilst ok, it was not a patch on the Microtec on my 1078RR.

The above results in a stonking bike for the road or track. I have an RSV4 track bike, and my Brutale still brings a massive smile to my face every time I take her out. Hope you enjoy your Brutale on track.

Attachments

·
2,156 Posts
Agree with those comments above.

Mine has a Microtec (set up by X-Bikes), Nitron rear shock, full hp corse system, along with many other extras (don't want to add up the cost!), but these two items should be your starting point.

I have had a PCIII on a 910R, again dynod by X-Bikes, and whilst ok, it was not a patch on the Microtec on my 1078RR.

The above results in a stonking bike for the road or track. I have an RSV4 track bike, and my Brutale still brings a massive smile to my face every time I take her out. Hope you enjoy your Brutale on track.
Very very nice :jsm::jsm::jsm:

·
Registered
6,043 Posts
I can agree with the microtec suggestion. I had a PCIII and there is no comparison between the two. Microtec is 1000% better. The bike runs like a sewing machine with no dead spots or hesitation in the throttle

1 - 11 of 11 Posts