MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has any of you guys ever measured how many dBs the Arrow shorty puts out on a Brute at 5,500rpm ?
with and without DB Killer...

thanks

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That'd be great!!!
the DB meter needs to be 50cm (20") behind the bike at exhaust level...5,500rpm.
If you can take both the "with" and "without" DBKiller measures that'd be fantastic :)

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
The arrow shorty on my 910R is 96-98 db at 4000rpm (what we test sound levels at here in NZ for our warrent of fitness)

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Damn...that's a lot. With or without dB Killer ? and how far do you place the dB meter from the exhaust...?
Thanks for sharing.

·
Administrator
20,371 Posts
Shouldn't Arrow be able to supply that information? I would think they must test their product.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Damn...that's a lot. With or without dB Killer ? and how far do you place the dB meter from the exhaust...?
Thanks for sharing.
That is WITH the DB killer...

In NZ we have a Warrent of Fitness that you have to get every year, 4 cylider bikes have a max of 98db at 4000rpm within a meter of the exhaust, so mine JUST scrapes in... I even carry the papers in the rear seat space just so i can show the cops that it is legal.

With the DB killer out, it was about 104db... pretty loud - but FARK it sounds great.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Arrow doesn't provide dB meter measurements as required by TrackDay organizers unfortunately.
In France, most of the Tracks are limited to 95dBs (mic 50cm behind the exhaust...5,500rpm).

With mid-pipe & MV Corse exhaust, i'm at 97dB but i manage to negotiate my way out by doing a run at 5,000rpm.

It sounds like the Arrow shorty with dB Killer is louder than the MV Corse pipes..

Thanks for the info Greminn.

SikDMax...if you can measure yours too, it'd be great :)

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
It sounds like the Arrow shorty with dB Killer is louder than the MV Corse pipes..
Yes - from memory, the MV Corse pipes are about 92-94(ish)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the Arrow full system (shorty) and while I can't tell you the db, I can tell you that without the db killer it's ear ringing loud, even with ear plugs. There's a harmonic boom too between about 3-7k rpm that feels like it's liquefying your brain matter. I can't ride it without the silencer inserted. Wish I could because I can feel the power difference. It's fine with the silencer tho.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I have the Arrow full system (shorty) and while I can't tell you the db, I can tell you that without the db killer it's ear ringing loud, even with ear plugs. There's a harmonic boom too between about 3-7k rpm that feels like it's liquefying your brain matter. I can't ride it without the silencer inserted. Wish I could because I can feel the power difference. It's fine with the silencer tho.
Good round up , cheers and welcome!

Where ya from?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts