MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Job Hunting
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
Just thought that I would post up some thoughts on the test. First off I dont think that it went quite as planned, but we did learn some things. Eraldo said it best "better to have learned now than in march." So, some postive did come out of the 2 days of testing.

Its a bummer that Luca got hurt... I wished that he would have gotten more laps around the track. I think that it would have been good for him and good for me as well. We could have talked more about some lines and what to try. I am happy that Luca is somewhat OK and is not hurt worse. I think that he will heal up fast and be ready to go for the next tests that we try.

As for my whole deal. I do have to say that I have never been that sick in my life. I don't know what I caught or how, but it was awful!!! I would not wish that on anyone! After vomiting for a few hours my dad and I finally decided to go the Halifax Emergency Room. The ER did help a little bit, they got some fluids in me and gave me somthing for the vomiting. It helped, the next morning I felt better,however as the day worn on I just felt tired. In between every tire change I would go to the truck and nap for a few. We worked through SOME stuff, All the guys worked hard the whole two days. Hats off the the whold FBF crew for sticking in there.

In conclusion, I think that these things happen, somtimes you get dealt a hand and have to work with what you have. The FBF crew did the best we could. The MV is a great bike to ride and I believe that we are going to do some awesome things in the up coming year. Thanks for all the support and check out some if the pics I posted up.... :D

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Thanks for the update!!!! Awesome to have you on board!!!!

What's your take on Spies running 1:38s? You think you can catch him on the MV when it's fully prepped (right now it's pretty much stock isn't it???)? People are saying he's gonna drop 2 seconds off when he gets his superbike....1:36 is damn fast....

·
Registered
257 Posts
Thanks for keeping us posted. You gained a lot of new fans and we will all be wishing you the best. Hope you feel better and keep the shiny side up for us.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Matt,

From this race fans point of view I actually like the fact that your team suffered from 'anything that can go wrong-will' this week. I think it further accentuates FBF as underdogs, and I believe the position of underdog is a position of strenth. Dont get me wrong- I wouldnt wish a flu and a highside on anyone but In the not too distant future- when the two of you are standing on the podium, you might look back on your collective rough start and laugh your balls off! In hindsight perhaps this test will seem like a shakesperean tragedy..

Enjoy the season, keep it between the armco's-

FBD

P.S. You've got those giant 'eyes' on the front of your helmet, This designates you as a graduate of that race school, yes? perhaps you wouldnt mind telling those that dont know a little about that.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
glad you are better.....i had something similar a year or so ago. It came on with fury and it was the most dredful 24 hours of my life. The next 2-3 days was just recouping from it. :yo:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Thanks Matt! As I said on Luca's post, always best to hear the news straight from the source. It really is an honor to have you guys as active members on these forums

·
Registered
19 Posts
good to hear from you Matt....as you said...even with all the problems these 2 days were important nonetheless...regarding your mishap
I got something similar in Tunisa after drinking a coke with ice cubes made from local water...it's commonly called The Revenge Of Montezuma.....

I swear I was whimpering at one time that I wanted to die....lasted 3 days....talk about worshipping the toilet....

anycase....time to move on...Luca is doing ok...though he can't put weight on his foot....but spirits are high....

·
Job Hunting
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys! We have a little work to do to catch up with Spies and the guys but we will get it done. As for the Eyes on my helmet... It is Nakano's replica... I dont remember the story behind the eyes but it is important...

Thanks for the support and hopfully I will see some of you guys soon...

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Matt, thanks for the info. Great, that both of you (Luca and you) post here in the forum. It´s ahonor for us.
Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
150 Posts
BottleRocket50 said:
Thanks guys! We have a little work to do to catch up with Spies and the guys but we will get it done. As for the Eyes on my helmet... It is Nakano's replica... I dont remember the story behind the eyes but it is important...
Thanks for the support and hopfully I will see some of you guys soon...
Glad to know you recovered, and best luck for works still to do!
And BTW, Nakano's eye are a tribute to Renzo Pasolini aka "Paso", the great Italian rider dead with Saarinen on May the 20th 73 in Monza. He was the first to have those eyes on the helmet. He used to ride wearing glasses and his sight was very defective. Many people in his team and among his friends always made jokes about his sight and glasses so once he decided to put those eyes as an answer to them and their jokes and simply told to them "So now I can see very well!".

Some more about this great champion : (sorry, mainly Italian even though ther should be something in English too)

http://www.renzopasolini.altervista.org

Attachments

·
Ambassador / 007 , , Waiting for new bike
6,135 Posts
MorganChane said:
And BTW, Nakano's eye are a tribute to Renzo Pasolini aka "Paso", the great Italian rider dead with Saarinen on May the 20th 73 in Monza. He was the first to have those eyes on the helmet. He used to ride wearing glasses and his sight was very defective. Many people in his team and among his friends always made jokes about his sight and glasses so once he decided to put those eyes as an answer to them and their jokes and simply told to them "So now I can see very well!".

Some more about this great champion : (sorry, mainly Italian even though ther should be something in English too)

And Renzo's brother is Ludovico,Mv Agusta dealer in Rimini www.pasomotor.com
pier

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
Matt, sorry to read about the tough weekend, stomach bugs are no fun for sure, I can't imagine having to ride through it...Although, getting a chance to ride that machine even once would probably get me off my death bed for a few laps!

Too bad to read about Luca's foot, also, hopefully his recovery will be quick and complete.

I, as many others here, very much appreciate your updates. I am sure that it isn't always the easiest thing to fit them into your schedule, but it is our chance to feel connected to the team and you guys who will be campaigning the brand we love so much. Don't ever hesitate to post even the seemingly most insignificant update, or a picture, because it will get read and/or viewed here for sure, and it will certainly be appreciated.

Thank you for inviting us into this very exclusive world of yours.

Recognizing that you are new to MV, we need to let you in on the inside joke...It's the sticker reflectors. Whenever someone brings home their new baby, they post up some shots, which are always met with the sarcastic, "Nice reflectors", and the sort (Yup. I'm guilty too, check my album, reflectors and all :nerd: ). You have GOT to sneak out to the garage one night, and peel those bad boys off of your fender! Just tell the techs that they "flew off at speed". We can't have you guys lining up on the grid for the first race with your reflectors still in place! :stopp:

Now, if they have to be there for some sort of rule that I am unaware of, forgive me, but until they start night racing, I really think they need to go! :stickpoke

Good luck with everything you face this year, we are all right here with you, rooting you guys on...

Regards,

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
96 Posts
MorganChane said:

Well thank you Sir Chane,

Please forgive the semi-threadjack but I did not know any of this, I was under the impression that students of a highly coveted race school in Japan Got the 'eyes' upon graduation to flaunt as a public 'diploma'... Boy, I was WAY off! Thanks for enlightening me.

Hedges,

FBD

·
Registered
96 Posts
twoeleven said:
Matt, sorry to read about the tough weekend, stomach bugs are no fun for sure, I can't imagine having to ride through it...Although, getting a chance to ride that machine even once would probably get me off my death bed for a few laps!

Too bad to read about Luca's foot, also, hopefully his recovery will be quick and complete.

I, as many others here, very much appreciate your updates. I am sure that it isn't always the easiest thing to fit them into your schedule, but it is our chance to feel connected to the team and you guys who will be campaigning the brand we love so much. Don't ever hesitate to post even the seemingly most insignificant update, or a picture, because it will get read and/or viewed here for sure, and it will certainly be appreciated.

Thank you for inviting us into this very exclusive world of yours.

Recognizing that you are new to MV, we need to let you in on the inside joke...It's the sticker reflectors. Whenever someone brings home their new baby, they post up some shots, which are always met with the sarcastic, "Nice reflectors", and the sort (Yup. I'm guilty too, check my album, reflectors and all :nerd: ). You have GOT to sneak out to the garage one night, and peel those bad boys off of your fender! Just tell the techs that they "flew off at speed". We can't have you guys lining up on the grid for the first race with your reflectors still in place! :stopp:

Now, if they have to be there for some sort of rule that I am unaware of, forgive me, but until they start night racing, I really think they need to go! :stickpoke

Good luck with everything you face this year, we are all right here with you, rooting you guys on...

Regards,

Griff
twoeleven

Hey Griff, I actually thought the reflectors were left on intentionaly by Eraldo as a subtle mindfuck to the press and/or the competion. I thought it was to remind everyone of the very 'stock' nature of the bike. I dont think we have ever witnessed such an unmassaged, painfully showroom-stock machine at the winter Superbike tests, it was a little strange. Perhaps I am overthinking this, but its never too early for a little under the radar pshycological warfare,yes?

Hedges, be well..

FBD

·
Job Hunting
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for reminding me of the story, I couldnt rember all the names so I thought it better to not post up. I do remember sitting at dinner with Bruce Porter, Head guy of Arai Racing services, he told me that story.

I think that the Eyes are really cool, thats the main reason I have the helmet. At the Miller Motorsports round for the AMA, speed had a camera pointing up at my helmet for the Superstock race. They used a lot of the footage for the race coverage, the shot was really good with the eyes looking right in the camera.

Thanks for all the good words. I hope to see some of you guys at the races in 2007!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts