MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
it's daytona.

the banking is brutal. the forces are huge. i recall reading somewhere that the rear wheel speed is like +10mph vs. the front! and there is a substantial g-load on the bike up on the banking. it's a really demanding track.

i hope they get it fixed and it's not a continual issue!

alex

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
as opposed to THIS article about the '07 R1 from the same test day

New Yamaha R1s Show Promise During Daytona Tire Testing

By Dirck J. Edge
It is always interesting when a new production superbike hits the race track for the first time. Yamaha's all-new 2007 R1, in both superbike and superstock form, arrived at Daytona for the annual Dunlop tire tests "fresh from the crate" so to speak. How did it do?

In superbike, Jason DiSalvo rode his R1 to the third quickest lap time (a 1:38.7), while teammate Eric Bostrom recorded the 6th quickest (1:39.1). Pretty impressive, particularly when you consider the fact that DiSalvo was quicker than Mat Mladin's thoroughly-dialed Suzuki (and Mladin is very quick around Daytona).

In Superstock, the other Bostrom brother, Ben, was credited with the second quickest time -- also breaking the 1:40 barrier, and only out paced by young superstar Ben Spies (Suzuki). Spies was also the quickest Superbike rider.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm staggered that Matt Lynn's bike had the wrong gearing and they didn't have the correct sprockets. You can get a decent idea of gearing requirements form spec sheets not to mention all the dyno work Ferracci must have done... It's not like they don't know how fast an I-4 is expected to go at Daytona....

·
Registered
409 Posts
damn it ...........i wanted to be the first one to crash a 1000r in the state of florida , well maybee i can have a sub record of first street crash .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts