MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally, after nearly one year.......David Elias' (Eflyer1) turbo 910R is featured on page 80 of the October issue of Motorcyclist Magazine.

David (a long standing, but infrequent, contributor here) has orchestrated a beautiful turbo Brutie. He featured the finished product at Bub4 last October, where we hosted Paul Bertorelli, from Motorcyclist Magazine.

Paul's review is featured in this month's issue......and no, I don't know how to copy and export the article here. Maybe one of our sharper forum members can do so for everyone's benefit.

·
Administrator
20,353 Posts
Waiting for my copy to arrive in the mail.....or perhaps I can see yours tomorrow afternoon??

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Waiting for my copy to arrive in the mail.....or perhaps I can see yours tomorrow afternoon??
Absolutely....you coming to the 'Rosa? :)

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Been out of town all week. Just got my mail. 4 magazines: Motorcyclist, American Rifleman, Alfa Romeo Owner's Club Magazine, and Playboy. I opened the important one first. :naughty:

I'll look at your B4-Turbo article later Dave. :brutale:

BTW, Miss September is a 22 year old native Californian of Filipino, Chinese, Spanish, Native American & Irish descent. Exotic hottie! :mouthwate

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Been out of town all week. Just got my mail. 4 magazines: Motorcyclist, American Rifleman, Alfa Romeo Owner's Club Magazine, and Playboy. I opened the important one first. :naughty:

I'll look at your B4-Turbo article later Dave. :brutale:

BTW, Miss September is a 22 year old native Californian of Filipino, Chinese, Spanish, Native American & Irish descent. Exotic hottie! :mouthwate
You are SUCH a liar Kevin......creative, yes......funny, yes.......but still a liar. Miss September is a 1964 Guiletta, of Italian descent. :stickpoke

(btw, I know nothing about Alfas.....I'm not sure they ever made a '64 Guiletta) :)

·
Registered
7,801 Posts
Why to go Dave.

·
Administrator
20,353 Posts
Why to go Dave.

Yeah, that was my first reaction..."Why?"....but then I got the whole project brought to successful completion thing....:yo:

Nicely done Dave, even if it is a beast to ride....:brutale:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Finally!!!

Here's an image of the article. Nice job David!
Thanks Chris for posting the article, it's appreciated!!

I've been trying to post since last Saturday, but I just solved a 'compatibility' mode issue with the Forum, with Chuck's (Silentservice703) help. Thanks Chuck!!

Thanks for everyone's kind remarks, and the following are some of my thoughts about the article:
It’s not the 1800 word ‘feature’ article that Paul Bertorelli wrote, but seeing the project in print is very satisfying, and an honor. I especially like that Derek Fischer, of Attitude Industries, (not ‘Sports’, as stated in the article) was recognized and quoted in the article, as he was the real craftsman behind this project. I thought it could happen, but Derek knew it could happen.

Sure, there are a few omissions in this shortened version, like where does this guy David Elias live(? - Florida), the fact that only 10.5 lbs. of boost was used, and the simplicity of this system with no waste gate, no intercooler, no water/alcohol injection, and no exotic electronic ignition/fuel control systems. Also, there is an error at the end of the article, as they list 220-bhp, when it really is 220-rwhp; the listed ‘bhp’ contradicts the beginning of the article, which correctly states ‘220 horsepower at the wheel’. Also, I’m not ‘a mechanical engineer by trade’, but I am a mechanical engineer by education, and a financial advisor by trade. I have heard from the editor that a ‘letter to the editor’ would correct these omissions and inconsistencies.

For me the cup is always half full, and I’m proud of the project, and appreciative of everyone’s efforts to help make it happen!

A special thanks to Derek, D.J., Allen, Paul, and Paul!!
David

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Thanks Chris for posting the article, it's appreciated!!

I've been trying to post since last Saturday, but I just solved a 'compatibility' mode issue with the Forum, with Chuck's (Silentservice703) help. Thanks Chuck!!

Thanks for everyone's kind remarks, and the following are some of my thoughts about the article:
It’s not the 1800 word ‘feature’ article that Paul Bertorelli wrote, but seeing the project in print is very satisfying, and an honor. I especially like that Derek Fischer, of Attitude Industries, (not ‘Sports’, as stated in the article) was recognized and quoted in the article, as he was the real craftsman behind this project. I thought it could happen, but Derek knew it could happen.

Sure, there are a few omissions in this shortened version, like where does this guy David Elias live(? - Florida), the fact that only 10.5 lbs. of boost was used, and the simplicity of this system with no waste gate, no intercooler, no water/alcohol injection, and no exotic electronic ignition/fuel control systems. Also, there is an error at the end of the article, as they list 220-bhp, when it really is 220-rwhp; the listed ‘bhp’ contradicts the beginning of the article, which correctly states ‘220 horsepower at the wheel’. Also, I’m not ‘a mechanical engineer by trade’, but I am a mechanical engineer by education, and a financial advisor by trade. I have heard from the editor that a ‘letter to the editor’ would correct these omissions and inconsistencies.

For me the cup is always half full, and I’m proud of the project, and appreciative of everyone’s efforts to help make it happen!

A special thanks to Derek, D.J., Allen, Paul, and Paul!!
David

I had the pleasure of seeing and hearing that thing at Bubb 2011, I also saw the Dyno output figures :yo:

Some people take on projects that never should be or that are simply stupid.

David's project is the absolute antipathy of that notion - this thing is simply brilliant, an oustanding project delivering breathtakingly wonderful (and usable) results!

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That is just insane

Can you even hold on or keep the front wheel down in the first 4 gears at full throttle?

Amazing
David actually rides the bike sensibly, understanding what it can do to him.

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
That is just insane

Can you even hold on or keep the front wheel down in the first 4 gears at full throttle?

Amazing
Obviously not -lol but I recall seeing the dyno charts with the bike & power albeit brutal was surprisingly linear so not an on/off light switch machine as most of these (inferior) projects seem to be.

I think the real tribute is that David's vision produced a beast but a very rideable beast.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts