MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While riding with the group yesterday the dashboard displayed "malfunction". It felt like there was a loss of power but not to the point where she had any issues running. No misfires, etc. Still easily climbed to 140MPH. I did notice the usual throaty sound from the throttle bodies when I open her up was diminished. When I got her home and was pulling into the garage, the dash said, "STOP - EXHAUST VALVE". I was stopping so I just shut her off. Other than the slight loss of power there were/are no noises coming from the engine. Everything else seems fine. When I start her up she starts fine and there are no warnings on the dash. Only after riding for 15+ minutes does it come back on. I'm completely puzzled. Any thoughts from the guru's?

·
Super Moderator
22,356 Posts
Um, check your exhaust valve operation by the instructionx in the shop manual...?

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Um, check your exhaust valve operation by the instructionx in the shop manual...?
Thanks Silent. I appreciate the guidance. I did look in the manual and I couldn't find anything related to checking the exhaust valve operation. How to remove it but nothing else that I could find. And I do know how to search in a PDF file. Perhaps you could point me in the right direction/page?

·
Super Moderator
22,356 Posts
If I weren't rebuild three bikes in the garage right now, I would take that time..but I am on a 23 day clock. There is guidance to be found, though.

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like I got it sorted. Or at least figured out the valve is not opening completely. Either it's physically stuck partly open or the servo is bad. I think the dealer had to replace either the valve opening mechanism or the servo as a service bulletin back in January. I'll bring it to them...still has a warranty. Thanks for your help Silent.

·
Super Moderator
22,356 Posts
Good work. Sorry I can't take the time to search the manuals and post pictures at the moment.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I had a similar issue, turns out the exhaust valve was sticking so the servo was constantly hunting and as I'm presuming the servo has end switch's that sense open or close, so no end switch feed on operation of the servo = dash warning

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had a similar issue, turns out the exhaust valve was sticking so the servo was constantly hunting and as I'm presuming the servo has end switch's that sense open or close, so no end switch feed on operation of the servo = dash warning
Do you know how they sorted it. Grease up the exhaust valve and off you go?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts