MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Progress on my latest love affair. The strips it's planked with are 1/4 x 3/4 Cedar and go on one at a time. Edge glued and stapled to the jig. Don't think I'll live that long. That whole pile has to go on there.

Bikes still suck.

Attachments

·
Registered
241 Posts
That is perhaps one of the coolest projects I have ever seen. Good luck.....what patience.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Who'll Stop The Rain

Doesn't seem big enough to get two of each living creature onto it.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Lee, your boat is beautiful. It's interesting to see that the construction of boards over ribs is so similar to aircraft construction of skin over fuselage formers.

There is something very special in taking the wood and breathing new life and beautiful form into it. Spiritual almost.

I love the boat : ) ~~~~ " Sea Skater " ~~~~

joe

·
Registered
313 Posts
What sort of 'Boot' is it? Flat bottom, shallow draft? Excuse my ignorance as I know crap about boats although I watched Das Boot but this does not resemble a submarine. Maybe a schnellboot? 'E' boot?

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Lee, that's pretty sweet.

Thinking about swinging through the 'burgh at the end of december... maybe i can go see it in person? :)

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Looking awesome lee, keep the pics coming good sir!

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tokyo,

I would like nothing more than to have you come visit. We'll even feed and bed you if you like. We also have hot water showers, unlike that cretin Randadipshit who has to dip in his pond.

724 772 9182 if you want to call.

Lee

That boat is a very light high performance sailing skiff which is overcanvassed to the point one has to use a trapeze to keep it upright. They go like all hell.

I believe I will name it "Bluefish" in honor of my dog's nickname. Besides, a bluefish is a pretty aggressive critter with lots of teeth. Never cared for the taste though. Too oily and "fishy"

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I wondered which one of you filthy swine would jump on that one first. Friggin' guttersnipe.

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Great nut shell, Lee ! But what has this float to do with "the Boot" ?

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Das Boot is German for "the boat". Why they named the movie cause a sub is a boat, not a ship.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Das Boot is German for "the boat". Why they named the movie cause a sub is a boat, not a ship.
I think Haupti understands this being German is his native tounge, unterseeboot, under sea boat.
I guess we both thought you were referring to the movie.

Lee it looks like a wonderful project. Some questions though.
1. How many hours until now and how many more to go?
2. Assuming your health improves are you fit enough to sail this missle?
3. Is this your first 'boot' project?

I see you do bikes and cars and you have an aviation backround so this is yet another facet to your knowledge and skills. Most people don't get 1/2 as far in a lifetime myself included.

·
Registered
7,801 Posts
Looks great Lee.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts