MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its a sniff above zero C here in Uk but bright and sunny...and blowy.

On with the Cragghoppers Bear Grylls winter trousies..Leathers over...

Warm as a waffle under the grill : )...and off to the morning local vintage bike meet at Hoar Park, Warwickshire on my F4..Just to show the old boys on Triumphs , R69s and BSAs that we MV riders are made of tough stuff too.

I was the only one not shivering... : )

But I was smiling alot...:f4:

joe

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Yup was certainly clear and bright today . Only did 35 miles but was nice to be out for a bit .

·
Registered
313 Posts
There is no bad weather, just bad clothing. :)
I could argue that.
Canberra to Melbourne back in the early 80's, torrential rain the whole way. After 800klm's it manages to get in, it even got into the wiring under the tank and the bike was dropping cylinders. I had to stop and pull the tank off and dry the loom and jamb a rag under the tank to stop it happening again.
I remember getting stuck behind a petrol truck (lorry) for a long time and everytime I tried to see to pass there was so much water coming off it it was like someone was holding a garden hose on my visor. Not much fun with no visabilty at highway speeds trying to overtake.
I had leathers and water proofs over the top and somehow it still got in. I don't think there was any better gear back then but the weather was that bad I may as well have jumped in a swimming pool.
Worst ride I've ever had.

·
Super Moderator
22,447 Posts
Aerostich

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Well done Joe! I believe that I dont follow you...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts