MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who have tracked the Brutale, is a steering damper necessary? Have you experienced "any" headshake :jsm: coming out of corners while lofting the front wheel?

·
Registered
78 Posts
For those of you who have tracked the Brutale, is a steering damper necessary? Have you experienced "any" headshake coming out of corners while lofting the front wheel?
I have actually experienced some headshake on the street. Hard acceleration + bumpy roads = a little wobble. Not to the point of scary but it could get a lot worse in a hurry, especially at the track. I like the looks of the Matris over the Scotts/Ohlins and I here the performance is pretty good as well. Only problem is price but am hoping our friends at Emoto can help out. Seriously good people.

·
Registered
304 Posts
alanparr said:
I have actually experienced some headshake on the street. Hard acceleration + bumpy roads = a little wobble. Not to the point of scary but it could get a lot worse in a hurry, especially at the track. I like the looks of the Matris over the Scotts/Ohlins and I here the performance is pretty good as well. Only problem is price but am hoping our friends at Emoto can help out. Seriously good people.

I thought that oncycles.com is giving a pretty good deal on the dumpers. They promissed some good discounts for forum members....

·
Registered
798 Posts
ks9mm said:
I thought that oncycles.com is giving a pretty good deal on the dumpers. They promissed some good discounts for forum members....
I looked at their site but did not see any dampers. Which one do they carry?

·
Registered
798 Posts
I will have to give them a call. There are no Matris dampers listed on their site for the Brutale. A 25% discount on a Matris damper would be hard to pass up.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I've had my share of tankslappers on other bikes, and light weight on the front wheel of Brutlae leads me to believe that damper is a good idea, especially for trigger happy riders or track use.

Count me in for a group order for Matris....

However, I wish hyperpro would make one....I've had great experience with them..

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
HaHa!!! I got one with mine - only reason I bought the 1000 - it came with a damper!

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Yeah, Chris started a thread -- You have to call, but you can get the Matris M3 or M4R for 25% off, plus no shipping to US 48.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts