MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the mirrors replaced under warranty but the floppiness is back! I have tightened the shit out of the right mirror, the 3 screws, but mirror is still limp! Does this mean parts replacement or is there another DIY way to fix this issue? What a stupid idea the ball and socket joint for a mirror, ugh. Between this and the LED tail strip going out, ownership has been great. Granted, MV doesn't make the bike anymore, I hope parts will always be in stock, cause I plan to keep her forever!

·
Administrator
18,862 Posts
In the Rivale Stradale section....but I do wish members would put their bikes in their signature line.

Sorry, no idea on your mirror dilemma....the ball and socket design is quite common and used in lots of mirrors. Not sure why yours are loose.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I believe that some have had success by inserting a thin rubber washer between the ball and socket on the mirror mounting. My own Rivale has covered 8000 miles in three and a half years and I’ve only had to tighten one of the mirrors and that was only once. They are both folded in each time I put the bike in the garage too.

·
Registered
97 Posts
get rid of them and use a reevu helmet. That's what I did when I had my rivale. Folding in and out eventually gets too much free play in the joint.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yep unusual design choice the Stradale has sensible mirrors but in time they too will become loose probably. On a previous bike (non-MV) I used to use some rough sand paper on the ball to increase the friction; although not ideal it worked.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts