MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it normal that the battery does not hold longer than 2 years?

Do you have any experience with this?

Is it possible to get this back on warrenty?

Frustraiting when i want to take her out in the sun.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
417 Posts
A battery can last longer than 2 years...it also depends on your charger...some intelligent chargers can bring batteries back to life, others can not

If the battery has gone flat or sulphated they still can be charged.

On my old charger a flat battery could be brought back my adding a load to the battery

·
Registered
204 Posts
There's also a technique of 'shocking' a battery to break up the crystals...It involves short pulses of 24v. Some, rumor has it, will freeze a battery then tap it rhythmically to break up said crystals.
But, having had to trailer my bike home twice before, I have to say: "Happiness is a reliable battery...and new tyres!" When you leave home, isn't it nice to know you can rely on your MV to bring you back?
:rant:

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A battery can last longer than 2 years...it also depends on your charger...some intelligent chargers can bring batteries back to life, others can not

If the battery has gone flat or sulphated they still can be charged.

On my old charger a flat battery could be brought back my adding a load to the battery
I`m using the standard charger that came with the bike. But to secured me I will buy a new battey.

Or maybe the dealer gives me a new one.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hey, nice to se a fellow norwegian here:)

By a optimate 4 for recharging your battery and use it every time you not use your bike for a long time., cost something like 750 kroner. The original one sucks big time. and yes if the battery isent charged over the loooooong cold winter we have, they may not work when spring time comes.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

By a optimate 4 for recharging your battery and use it every time you not use your bike for a long time., cost something like 750 kroner. The original one sucks big time. and yes if the battery isent charged over the loooooong cold winter we have, they may not work when spring time comes.
Yes, I have not been very active over the past yaer. Where in the vast country are you from?

Now i use The original charger supplied with the bike. So you recommend an Optima 4 instead of the MV charger?

·
Registered
417 Posts
I would not bother with the MV charger, there are some very good ones on the market...look for intelligent chargers........then if you have power in your garage then plug it in all the time

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would not bother with the MV charger, there are some very good ones on the market...look for intelligent chargers........then if you have power in your garage then plug it in all the time
Do you have someone you would recommend?

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Eller hva sier du. Er det et godt forslag å sette i en Optima 4 over vinteren?

mvh. Glenn

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hehe , det er veldig lurt og gjøre:) Med optimaten så følger det med en hurtigkobling som du monterer på batteriet. Så hver gang du ikke bruker sykkelen , så plugger du i den:) Helt genialt. Optimate 4 blir importert av spare parts service, de fleste forhandlere har den i hylla:

Hilsen Kenneth

1 - 12 of 12 Posts