MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided my old gear is woefully inappropriate should I ever go down. I've been looking to get track legal stuff, 2-piece. So far the only stuff that catches my eye is Dainese. I like that their jackets can be used by themselves without pants and not look totally raced-out. I also like that the fit is phenomenal, especially compared to other brands where the elbow padding is very uncomfortable.

So, do any of you guys know where I can find reasonably priced Dainese gear online or in the real world? I'm in NY, and the only places I can find are both MV dealers.

Also, is the softer MV/Dainese leather as good in a slide as the cheaper brands?

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
get online!! because of the new suits coming out, you can get some good prices on older models. i have a dainese MAKO 2 piece. i'm wearing it in avatar...but can't see to well. if you can find a dealer nearby, always best to try something on to get your bearings on sizing. also, MV corse is having their sale on stuff!

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
If you can fit Dainese, that is better than most. And if you can find stuff on sale, even better.

I like dainese, but also have a few other brands that I like.... i'm a firm believer in having different gear for different occassions/moods/colors, etc. :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
psperl said:
I've decided my old gear is woefully inappropriate should I ever go down. I've been looking to get track legal stuff, 2-piece. So far the only stuff that catches my eye is Dainese. I like that their jackets can be used by themselves without pants and not look totally raced-out. I also like that the fit is phenomenal, especially compared to other brands where the elbow padding is very uncomfortable.

So, do any of you guys know where I can find reasonably priced Dainese gear online or in the real world? I'm in NY, and the only places I can find are both MV dealers.

Also, is the softer MV/Dainese leather as good in a slide as the cheaper brands?
Am I gonna step on any toes to mention a national chain that I'm not affiliated with that has Dainese? Or do I do that in a different forum (I'm new here, and some forums have strict 'naming' rules) - The Monza jacket is on clearance, and a great deal if it'll fit you!! I had them order in the last in my size (40/50), but it just didn't fit as well as the Jet-Pac I'm holding out for. They are on line, but the in-store price was cheaper than the online one - $290.00. It's the blue one.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
petezzr said:
Am I gonna step on any toes to mention a national chain that I'm not affiliated with that has Dainese? Or do I do that in a different forum (I'm new here, and some forums have strict 'naming' rules) - The Monza jacket is on clearance, and a great deal if it'll fit you!! I had them order in the last in my size (40/50), but it just didn't fit as well as the Jet-Pac I'm holding out for. They are on line, but the in-store price was cheaper than the online one - $290.00. It's the blue one.

I think most people are happy to have specific names and links of good places to go and good deals to get.

Links are good for people like me who can't go to the store as easily.... :)

-colin

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
petezzr said:
Like TokyoLunch said, give us the info.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TokyoLunch said:
If you can fit Dainese, that is better than most. And if you can find stuff on sale, even better.

I like dainese, but also have a few other brands that I like.... i'm a firm believer in having different gear for different occassions/moods/colors, etc. :)
What are these other brands?

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
psperl said:
What are these other brands?
relatively big ones that I also purchase include Kushitani and AlpineStars.

Most of my stuff is Dainese though. AlpineStars is nice, sometimes a bit too much on styling...dainese can be nice and subdued if you want it.

kushitani is i suppose a local brand. many japanese swear by it.... I've got a one-piece hand-me-downs from them.... fits fine, never used it though for any track use (never done track). I expect to sort that out sometime this year...will look to buy a one-piece Kushitani for that. I'd seriously look at Dainese, but the staff at the shop in Tokyo are assholes, so I won't be shopping there.

anyway....where's that link to the national chain I should order from? :stickpoke

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:
Can anyone recommend a brand (even just pants) that fits short, fat people? I have a 30 inseam but a 38/40 waist. :(

I don't know from experience, but folks here who don't fit the asian build gravitate towards joe rocket..... don't know much about it though (i've got a pair gloves from them that are nice.... ??)

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:
Can anyone recommend a brand (even just pants) that fits short, fat people? I have a 30 inseam but a 38/40 waist. :(
Allan, I would suggest going custom. There are many top class manufacturers out the including some of the big namecompanies who will do it on their standard range for an extra cost.

·
Registered
28 Posts
TokyoLunch said:
I think most people are happy to have specific names and links of good places to go and good deals to get.

Links are good for people like me who can't go to the store as easily.... :)

-colin
ok, just wanted to check - Cycle Gear http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1=&L2=&L3=&L4=&item=DAI_1533485-368-50_G for the Monza jacket, and they have other Dainese items as well. This jacket is online at $370.00, but in the store for $290.00 Size 40US, blue.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
petezzr said:
ok, just wanted to check - Cycle Gear http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1=&L2=&L3=&L4=&item=DAI_1533485-368-50_G for the Monza jacket, and they have other Dainese items as well. This jacket is online at $370.00, but in the store for $290.00 Size 40US, blue.

oh shit, i've actually got one (looking at the pic).

wow, 240 onsale on that site now!!!

sheeeet..... i paid 300 GBP 2 years ago for the same thing. back protector sold separately...of course....

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Modeled here by yours truly.

I like the jacket, it's nice. I've permanently removed the winter lining, as i'm struggling to fit into the size 48. it has a large inside pocket which is nice...happily fits an IDP and other bigger documents... open at the top (not a side slip in pocket), so envelopes, etc. are OK.

zips into other dainese trousers that I have.... so that works too.

·
Registered
28 Posts
TokyoLunch said:
oh shit, i've actually got one (looking at the pic).

wow, 240 onsale on that site now!!!

sheeeet..... i paid 300 GBP 2 years ago for the same thing. back protector sold separately...of course....
...but of course....

I tried it on, and it's a little snug through the back of the shoulders. The Jet-Pac feels just that little better that would no doubt tell over time. I'm way overdue for good gear, but on the one hand I'm cheap (more accurately broke), on the other hand I buy once - no half measures - so I'll wait til I get the 'deal' on the one I want. Plus the Jet-Pac is perforated and will be a better summer jacket in Hotlanta. BUT that is a hell of a deal on the Monza!

·
Registered
337 Posts
gold motorsports in Long Island has a very nice selection. I always visit the shop when I visit my brother.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
psperl said:

If you like vanson stuff, (It is very well made, but takes a while to break in) check this out. Good prices on some close out jackets.
http://www.newenough.com/product_group_closeout_leather.htm

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
As I mentioned it on other treads before.
Dainese is top notch and they tailor made it to your figure, what ever that might be. And they can do it even if you have special Colors in mind. You just have to get their Form and let You be measured by Your Girlfriend, Wife or a Tailor. Than back to Your Dainese Dealer.
Further Recommendation Schwabenleder in Germany. Well known in the Race World for their first class fit, protection and I think they look not to flashy. Again every Color, every Size (how odd it might is).
I personally like the Spidi Suits for their snugg fit, effective perforation and protection and Style. You can get them usually for fair Prices.
Finally I love my MV Agusta Corse Suit for the Look and for cooler Days. I think it is a little heavier than the others. And it is not as comfy as the others. But overall protection seams to be pretty good. For track days You should get a Back Protector and remove the Soft Protector in it. As already mentioned on Sale at the moment. If this stuff from MV Corse is sold there will be no new one from MV Corse.
I hope I could help a little.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I swear by Dainese. I've found their gloves a great fit and really comfortable, the boots are very cool (and comfy), and the jackets and pants rock. Zipper pulls aren't that crash hot though - have broken a couple - might be due to old age and extra kilos. Would recommend trying them on first instead of buying online - sizing is critical and the Italian brands CAN be a little on the small side. Just my opinion.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts