MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to get a new jacket, but I am not fiding anything local so I have been looking online. What size would you all suggest for someone who is 6'1 165lb. Awkward lanky size I know. I am thinking I would need a 52 or 54 euro size jacket but don't want to order without a little feedback. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
I'd go for a 56, given your height. Simply for the length in the arms. If it is an option go to a Dainese dealer and try their gear on. It is fair to say that a 54 from Dainese will most likely be different to a 54 from Spidi or Alpinestars.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
i'm 5'11 165 and i bought a 54 dainese 2piece suit. it stretched a bit and still wasn't too loose in the jacket. i was told that they are supposed to fit really snug. i bought a MV jacket in 54 and it is a little too big. just a little. i also bought a one-piece dianese suit and bought it in 52 because i was told it should fit like a second skin. lets say that i can't wait for that one to stretch and loosen a bit.

all that to say, i think a 54 will do you cool. but some suppliers do exchanges of same jacket for diff size.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you are close, head to MotoLiberty in Dallas. They have a wide variety of Dainese jackets you can try on.

Thanks for the replys. Yes I just looked that place up on Dainese dealer locator. Looks like I will have to stop by there.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Im 6' 180lbs My T-9 1piece I Wear 54

But Jacket Only 52.

54 Is Loose

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have a 54 Dainese and 54 Spidi, both fit me right at 5'10 160. The cut of the Dainese, though, makes it a bit more comfortable, and the pockets in the Spidi are too smaill to carry much more than a credit card and a phone.
I think with your height/weight, you may need to go one bigger at 56.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I have a Vanson 54. Recentely, bought a Dainese 54, and it was good ,except the width of arms. then I swapped it for 52, and it is perfect. I'm 6.05 180 lbs.

·
Registered
796 Posts
you should probably try some of the jackets before you buy. given your height you should probably go for a 56 but it might be a little too loose around the waist..given your(i guess)slim build

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm a little over 6"1' and 183 lbs. I wear a 56 in both of my Dainese jackets. I find that they are well suited to longer arms and skinnier torsos.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts