MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the equivalent of a Dainese size small in Held terms? a vendor said size 8 would work but they are too big..

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Careful Mika. I've bought a zillion gloves. Sometimes I wear a medium, sometimes a large, and occasionally, an extra large. Beyond sizing issues, I absolutely must try on the glove. Even if it fits, it doesn't always feel 'right'. Your thoughts?

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Careful Mika. I've bought a zillion gloves. Sometimes I wear a medium, sometimes a large, and occasionally, an extra large. Beyond sizing issues, I absolutely must try on the glove. Even if it fits, it doesn't always feel 'right'. Your thoughts?

+1000.

Especially on the Dainese gloves. I usually wear a Medium/large in Held gloves (actually a 9 1/2). When I tried on the Dainese gloves, I had to go to a size XL to fit correctly in that brand.

I will never buy another set of gloves without trying them on first.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I purchased my latest set of Dainese gloves from http://bimoto.be and they fit perfectly. The guys there asked me to draw around my hand on a piece of A4 paper, then draw a 10cm x 10cm cross in the centre of the page and fax it to them. They use the cross to scale the drawing. If you're going to buy Dainese gear on the net I recommend them.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
I thought I saw a good Held sizing chart that worked pretty well for me. Forget where it was (likely a Held site).

Held is nice because they do proper glove sizes and in 1/2 sizes as well....

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i don't have a soft tape measure which is what Held recommends.

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
yeah i don't have a soft tape measure which is what Held recommends.
I took a shoelace and measured my hand with that and marked it, and then measured the shoelace with a ruler afterwards. :)

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
holy crap MacGyver lives:smoking:

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
We don't have any tape measures in my house....It's a rule. I've been telling Jackie that 3" is actually 9" for 30 plus years.* :naughty:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts