Registered
5,387 Posts
spalding12 said:
well
i haven't gotten mine in the mail yet
did you guys get your's?

what DID it say, by the way?
no one at the ducati board has posted any details at all

I don't know anything about it, but in all honesty.......... who cares about what a magazine says? ;)
They are both AWESOME bikes, period. :yo: :yo:

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
spalding12 said:
http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=8145

that's the only link i have seen

the latest post shows that even the ducati folks realize that the bikes are well matched but that the 999R has slightly better handling

no one over there was badmouthing the Senna, by the way
Like to read it as he says "it won out on handling" and that can be very subjective at that level of motorcycle.

·
Registered
128 Posts
ok so here is the last paragraph summary.

Bottome line; we rode the bike a t 90 percent and lived to type another day, walking away from Willow with our jobs intact and plenty of information. Braking performance is a wash, although the 999R does have a better master cylinder. Turn in and chassis stability? Another tie, but the Ohlins suspension of the Ducati simply glides over roughest of bumps, making it the clear winner in that department. In fact while these bikes are equally entertaining on the street, the racetrack is 999R territory, where its excellent suspension and smooth power delivery are hard to beat.

·
Registered
128 Posts
The article also talks about the 999r having a better transmission, smoother shifting. In all i thought it was an ok read. The Senna had better top speed and quarter mile times but even though they took these bikes to the track they did not post any lap times. So i am kinda unclear how they gave the Ducati the win. Oh the Ducati was 23 pounds lighter than the Senna.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
it's a wash
i don't think that anyone here thought that the Senna would blow the 999R away in any test..
let's be honest, the 999R IS a great bike (and you pay for that "goodness")

folks will remain polarized about I-4 vs. twin motors.... especially motojournlists, who REALLY DO get to ride EVERYTHING ON EARTH

the 23# of "extra" weight in the Senna SHOCKS me, actually
that is the part that really seems weird.... to me

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
281 Posts
What is the price delta? I think that the 999R is about a $10k premium to the 999S. If memory serves the R sits at approx $32k?

·
Registered
281 Posts
spalding12 said:
999R = $28,000
xerox = 33k.... but can be had for 30K
999s = 23K.... can get for 21K
Hmm, perhaps Austin Ducati is more liberal in pricing. Last year, I was out looking and they had the S at $22K and an R at $32K. I not familiar with "xerox" versions.... Perhaps, this is what I looked at. What distinguishes it from the others?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts