MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
This bike smacks of " Spirit of Jota"

Carl,

It depends which part of MCNs report you wish to highlight...

Quote :-

" On the go the MV's chassis is fantastic" Yay !!!

" When the road is smooth, the revs are up and the triple is singing, the MV is fabulous to be onboard" " Yay !!!

" bang the throttle open and the F3 comes alive. The sound of the triple as it builds up through the rev range is amazing- it's rawer than the Triumph and aggressive in it's note. There is a business to the motor that makes it feel more alive than the Triumph and more eager to rev. " Yay !!!

and then there was some drivel about riding at low speed.and across the car park..which was a headline grabbing revelation.

" Flawed Masterpiece" Come on fellas read between the lines....This is going to be quite a machine..Why have a Trumpet when you can play a whole symphony with the F3..

MCN please note " This motorcycle is not a twist and go scooter "

It's a bad boy just like the Jota..Well the Jota is made no more.." Long Live the MV Agusta F3"

joe

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just read the test in Motorrad! There was nothing about the bad fueling issues.
Great motor+brakes+suspension.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Apparently MCN got the only F3 with fueling issues. MCN is also the only magazine based in the country of the F3s biggest rival. A coincidence I'm sure!:jerkoff:
If I recall correctly, MCN never (or very seldomly) has anything good to say about MV Agusta. I think it's too pretty and expensive for them.

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Interesting Pattern

Magazine reviews so far:

Uk: Negative(ish)
Australia: Positive
USA: Positive
Italy: Positive
Others (Germant etc): Positive

Kind of the reflects the posters on here as well, I am certainly not saying all UK posters are negative (far from it) and feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but I can't think of a single negative poster on the F3 from from any of the other Countries.

Strangely enough, MV's worldwide buisness is on the up as is its profitability, the only falls that they have reported are in the UK & they have been substantial at that.

From an analyst's viepoint, this sticks out like a sore thumb & therefore you'd take a closer look - the first thing I'd investigate is the dealer network & from some of the comments on here from our UK friends about how they've dealt with certainly would indicate that it would the correct starting point.

We've had a new importer here in Australia and new marque focused & driven dealers like Justin @ Trooper Lu's Garage, things have been very much on the improve in a great way. Justin has preapred the bikes going out to journalists for reviews and they've reporting back very positive - no co-incidence I dare say.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Seems like MV are going to struggle for sales and the organisations in danger lol
Struggle for sales? My dealer has all 10 of the ones he is getting spoken for.
Magazine reviews so far:

Kind of the reflects the posters on here as well, I am certainly not saying all UK posters are negative (far from it) and feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but I can't think of a single negative poster on the F3 from from any of the other Countries.

Strangely enough, MV's worldwide buisness is on the up as is its profitability, the only falls that they have reported are in the UK & they have been substantial at that.

From an analyst's viepoint, this sticks out like a sore thumb & therefore you'd take a closer look - the first thing I'd investigate is the dealer network & from some of the comments on here from our UK friends about how they've dealt with certainly would indicate that it would the correct starting point.

We've had a new importer here in Australia and new marque focused & driven dealers like Justin @ Trooper Lu's Garage, things have been very much on the improve in a great way. Justin has preapred the bikes going out to journalists for reviews and they've reporting back very positive - no co-incidence I dare say.
I will let you guys know what I think when I get mine. :naughty:

·
Registered
814 Posts
Magazine reviews so far:

Do you have something against poms? Hmmm being an Aussie, were you or your family perhaps convicts sent to Australia and therefore have something against poms from then on? :stickpoke :drummer:

Just kidding mate, I think you have a point btw.

Keep in mind that Triumph (who happens to be the latest manufacturer challenged by MV) is British, therefore it kinda makes sense for them (magazines, media, etc) to downplay the F3 and push the Triumphs.

And as you pointed out mate, from what it sounds like, the importer over there needs to pull their 12 inch dildo out of their ass and get to work
Hmmmmm......

·
Registered
265 Posts

have not seen the magazine yet
I seem to remember you speak German well. I have a pdf of the article, but it's over the size limit for the forum (even when zipped). I had to use my translation software on it, but it does seem they have an issue or two with the Ride-by-wire system. The F3 was tied for 3rd with the GSX-R on the track and was 6th on the street. I'd appreciate your take on the SuperSport Shootout article. Please e-mail me @ [email protected] and I'll send it to you via e-mail. Thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The F3 will be my first bike after ten years. The negative review by MCN didn't sway me one bit. There will never be a perfect bike but the F3 is very close to it. I believe MV has done a hell of a job considering I've never considered of getting back on one until I saw the F3.

Can't wait for mine to arrive. Leathers and helmet already on the way. Woohoo!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts