MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Threw my hat in for the first series of Moto Corse / Kushitani Apparel. Was a set of gloves, jacket, trousers, boots, but available in pieces. I went for the jacket and boots.

The vision was for something to be casual, but look good enough to be around town in, if that is where one finds oneself after a ride. The jacket, specifically, was meant to go with jeans.

Was a limited set of 30 being produced.... I took delivery of the jacket in the box, the boots are still on the way. The basic design was a kushitani jacket I could try on for size, but was customized to fit the vision, like moving buttons around, pockets, etc. a bit.

I'll need to upgrade some of the armor in the jacket I think, we'll see. First, I need to see what I need to do to make it a bit more 'weather' protected, I'm guessing treating the leather would be a good idea. Will have to stop by the kushitani shop and ask....

So here it is....

Out of the box....

All stitching done in red. There is a red jacket option, which is totally red with ivory color stitching. I liked the ivory better, myself.

Button was moved inside the collar, as it looks better that way. The neck lining is red, since dudes sweat, and the light color would get a bit manky after a short while....

Italian flag was an option. Thought it looked cool. The other option was a full color leather MV logo, which was a lot more.... The flag opens it up to other Italian brands, eh?

other shoulder

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Rear:

Inside the sleeve zippers is kind of fun:

So what's this "08" all about?

hint:

:drummer: :drummer:

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Woah. That's lovely. Can I ask how much?

not cheap.... the regular kushitani jacket I think is over a grand (in USD). This one was a bit more, towards, but under, 2000. Of course, the weak dollar makes it look more expensive than it would have 3 years ago, but around that range.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What does size "LL" equate to in USA measurements? Large/long? Nice jacket!
good question.

sometimes it means 2L, like XL. But the gloves that match it are LL and XL, with XL being bigger.

Usually suits that have height/width will have a "/" in it here, so LL/LL or similar.

·
Living the Dream
2,758 Posts
That is the best looking jacket i have ever seen!! Thanks for posting the pics.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Lovely Colin but....

Did you choose "cruiser" style instead of "racer"? The button-up collar, the buckles at the waist, all shout "cruiser!!!"....

Sorry....... :bawling:

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
SOOOOOO Nice!

·
Super Moderator
22,302 Posts
That is nice gear!

·
Registered
158 Posts
i just ordered the gloves...looking forward to get them next week :)

got the info today that boots will be delivered mid 2010...
best regrds
diego

·
Registered
516 Posts
Very nice, beautiful in fact...two things:

1. If Elvis were alive, you'd be able to make a huge return on investment ;)
2. You don't have to worry about additional protection, as they will never find their way onto the pavement

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi Colin.

Nice Jacket!

Lisa and I are getting mighty hungry for some more Shabu Shabu.

Hope all is well in Tokyo

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Lovely Colin but....

Did you choose "cruiser" style instead of "racer"? The button-up collar, the buckles at the waist, all shout "cruiser!!!"....

Sorry....... :bawling:
Gorgeous Colin. Incredible detail and quality.
Perfect for a casual ride or croozin' on the F4. Congrats mate.

Mike, you need to have a look in the mirror at your own gear.
No need to say out loud what that "shouts "

1 - 20 of 36 Posts