MV Agusta Forum banner

Custom Mapping F3

9K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  idahomike 
#1 ·
I did not see it in the manual ( http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=45555 )

To change the custom map of F3:

1. start the engine
2. select the map "C" custom
3. stop the engine
4. turn on the ignition without starting the engine
5. scroll through the menu on the instrumentation down to "Setting C map"
6. Use the submenu to configure what you want: Engine brake, maximum power, throttle response etc ....
7. to confirm exit the menu
8. turn the ignition off and on again, starting the engine
9. Have fun

#4 ·
How Bloody Exciting!!!

Congratulations & welcome to the family. :yo:

I have my fingers crossed for you weather wise - we want pics and report from you - including the 15 wrong custom maps you created - wait on, that's going to be MY report :laughing:

Enjoy!:)

#6 ·
John, everyone knows that Pie are Round and Cake are square!:stickpoke

#8 ·
Thanks hb88xx for attaching that more comprehensive Manual. It was no challenge to be more comprehensive than the febble document I got with the bike.

I would be curious to hear what Custom combos people have tried, likes and dislikes.

I wish the manual gave some explanation about each selection.
For example I'm puzzled as to what is the difference between 'Gas sensitivety' and 'Engine response' (fast/slow). They sound like the same thing to me i.e setting how fast the motor will respond to a given throttle movement.

#12 ·
I did not see it in the manual ( http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=45555 )

To change the custom map of F3:

1. start the engine
2. select the map "C" custom
3. stop the engine
4. turn on the ignition without starting the engine
5. scroll through the menu on the instrumentation down to "Setting C map"
6. Use the submenu to configure what you want: Engine brake, maximum power, throttle response etc ....
7. to confirm exit the menu
8. turn the ignition off and on again, starting the engine
9. Have fun
Apologies for bringing up this old thread again, but I was recently trying to input a custom map on my F3 after reading some suggestions here. I apparently cannot even change the map on my bike for some reason. The manual says to turn bike on, press start button to change between maps. Mine stays stuck in normal. I started the engine, pressed start button, still no change. I also held button in for several seconds - no change.

The manual says that if I cycle through the menu of options on the dash display, I am actually missing the speed limiter menu. The following operating modes are available to me:

1. Run (odometer)
2. traction control
3. chrono (lap timer)
4. abs
5. quick shift
6. clock

My abs selections of "off, on, race" whereas the manual says there's just off and on.

So, is there some issue with my ecu here? Or am I just missing something painfully obvious to change my map setting?

#15 ·
The speed limiter function is only available while you are moving. For me it really doesn't have a use and there have been some "interesting" moments for other members when it is engaged.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.