MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me how the custom map setting works? I would like to play about with the engine braking settings and can't find the info in the handbook. thanks

·
Registered
265 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
:idea::laughing::laughing: mary hinge hahaha, I finally got it. Now my wife is wondering what the hell I'm laughing about.:thewife:
Say, aren't you a friend of Betty Swollocks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was wondering if anyone has some feedback on what settings they use on the track ? I'm currently riding the bike in sport mode but the engine braking in an acquired taste I think..

Am I right in thinking you can minimise it by selecting > Engine Braking > Sport (Sport instead of Normal) ?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I was wondering if anyone has some feedback on what settings they use on the track ? I'm currently riding the bike in sport mode but the engine braking in an acquired taste I think..

Am I right in thinking you can minimise it by selecting > Engine Braking > Sport (Sport instead of Normal) ?
Yep that's right

·
Registered
375 Posts
In sport map , everething is in sport mode selected , the engine brake also.
The custom map is made to ride with a normal map torque and other choises with the sport engine brake (=lower braking) for exemple.
The better for the track is always the sport map with less TC (level 1 or 2).When you engage the chrono lap , you can also change the TC in the fly , corner by corner if you want..Cost a lot of your brain of course, to stay at the limits

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for the info, currently I am using it in sport mode with TC on setting 2 which is still a bit high so will be trying setting 1 next time out. So it seems there is no way to remove the engine breaking completely ? I have a slipper clutch fitted so would rather switch it off. I guess maybe you can do that with the race ECU ?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
465 Posts
Slightly seperate note, what does it feel like when the TC kicks in? I'm running at 4, but no idea whether my system is working as I have had the rear slip a few times.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Hi marko , as far as I know the engine braking software is removed in the race ecu.

The TC feels like you have lost all power but still driving forward. Is the best way of describing it

·
Registered
375 Posts
Slightly seperate note, what does it feel like when the TC kicks in? I'm running at 4, but no idea whether my system is working as I have had the rear slip a few times.
It's very quick , therefore, you must first trying jumps, you 'll feel how fast is cutting power when the rear wheel starts to accelerate more than the programmed curve- map.
At the Misano track, even at level 2, I got gentle slides out of corners, and I saw my tire don't like so much. Then I tried to be more smooth on the gas and finally I lowered my lap times and my felling was good.
It helps a lot when the grip is changing depending where you are on a track or if you leave the best race line (what I also got when I pass another mate outside of at the faster corner, the Curvone , it was terrible,:mouthwate)
The slipper clutch has to be tuned with the engine brake , is another job with trials . :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
thanks dudman - I'm going to look into that race ECU further..

Last week at Castle Combe we were able to trigger the TC a lot and went from setting 4 to 3 then to 2. Even then I felt it was a little too easy to trigger but it was a really hot day (by UK standards.. 39'c) so we could have been getting extra slip from over hot tyres. Next out at Brands Hatch so will start on 2 and then try setting 1

·
Registered
571 Posts
What exhaust you running to be able to get on at combe??? Its only half hour from me and I'm too loud. I find it best to be on setting 1 for track. I'm going to be putting the race ecu through its paces for the first time on Tuesday at silverstone, so shall report back

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've got a bike heavy arrow pipe with baffle that just scrapped through the noise test, which to be honest was carried out by a pair of muppets ! Seemed to be making it up as they went along.. Look forward to hearing back on the ECU.

I would agree on the TC, I was expecting something a little more advanced, reminded me of the original 1098R system..

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
571 Posts
Hi marko , the race ecu has better initial pickup at low rpm, didn't feel much difference in overall power. And no engine braking which I found works well in high speed corners where only a throttle lift is required, so you keep momentum. However I did miss it a little in the heavy braking areas. Hope this helps. John

1 - 20 of 22 Posts