MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK so 'Madjock' (Dave) enquired regarding removing the troublesome? OEM ball bearing from his hub and I'd mentioned a ....'Home-made bearing extractor' for the job.

Of course you could tap it out with a 'drift' and hammer but here is the 'extractor' I made....and how to make it:)

As usual I'll let the photo sequence do the talking which should be 'self explanatory?'
Brian:)

Attachments

·
Administrator
19,553 Posts
Talent......lovely craftsmanship Brian.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Excellent work young man you`ve earned yourself a Guinness.
Thank you very much sir.....I'm planning one later:)

Almost finished making the 'tool' for 'installing' the bearing....and a small change to this 'extractor' tool.....I'll post em up later....('after' my Guinness!)
Brian.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And now the custom made 'tool' for fitting the bearing.

As mentioned above I've made some 'changes' to the bearing extractor tool and have edited the photos in the opening post accordingly.

I wanted the bearing to be extracted 'further into' the tool during the removal process and this necessitated 'deepening' the tool crown recess.

I also wanted to 'spread the load' on the extractor tool 'crown' so I made a beefed up and domed 'plate' to fit into a larger machined aperture thus spreading the 'load' during bearing removal to the outer circumference of the extractor 'crown'.

Anyway all should be clear in the new photos of the opening post?.

I couldn't let this thread pass without also making a tool for 'fitting' the bearing so as usual here is another photo sequence showing that process.
And a couple showing 'both' tools (for fitting and extracting the bearing)

Hope this has been of help and interest:)
Brian.

Attachments

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
When it comes to the cup of talent - Brian's cup runneth over! :yo:

Seriously man, how DO you do it?????? Regardless of how you do it, it is a monumental pleasure just to be a bystander and appreciate a true craftsman at work. Bravo Sir!

All the best.
Rob

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
Really amazingly great work again... What can we say about this... We need worship smileys :D

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Brian's a talented machinist, guys. Compared to some of his other productions, this bearing stuff is child's play.

Noel, DON'T READ THIS!

That's much more sophisticated than pounding it in with a hammer.

·
Registered
14,420 Posts
Brian's a talented machinist, guys. Compared to some of his other productions, this bearing stuff is child's play.

Noel, DON'T READ THIS!

That's much more sophisticated than pounding it in with a hammer.
Carl;
I brought the Park tool and adapters to Bubba IV......nobody was interested :drummer:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts