MV Agusta Forum banner

101 - 120 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Update

Got the seat finished!!! I'm very happy with it. I have some nickle and dime stuff to do (rear sets, frame plugs, etc) but other than the wheels, she's pretty close to being done. He some pics.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Weapon !!! - the seat looks brilliant with the touch of yellow to compliment the bike. What are your thoughts on a rear hugger? IMO, I would like to see one to balance the front guard and create the clean rear? Irrespective, great work !

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Weapon !!! - the seat looks brilliant with the touch of yellow to compliment the bike. What are your thoughts on a rear hugger? IMO, I would like to see one to balance the front guard and create the clean rear? Irrespective, great work !

I'm on the fence with the Hugger...... I can get a carbon fiber Hugger for about 80 USD.... and I probalbly will..... not sure if i'll keep it on yet.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
I'm on the fence with the Hugger...... I can get a carbon fiber Hugger for about 80 USD.... and I probalbly will..... not sure if i'll keep it on yet.
I wonder what a short hugger might look like (e.g. take off 6-8" off the end?)

·
2,154 Posts
Perhaps the shortened hugger in yellow or the rear wheel in yellow to balance out the frame :surprise::surprise::surprise::surprise::surprise::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Perhaps the shortened hugger in yellow or the rear wheel in yellow to balance out the frame :surprise::surprise::surprise::surprise::surprise::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm:

One thing I do know, There will not be anymore yellow on the bike! More than likely, If I keep the hugger....It will be painted black to match the other fender. Here's a pick of my next project bike.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I like it! Brutales flick enough shit up in the wet as it is so some sort of hugger will be a must unless you like a wet and shitty back. Check out the Kiwi chicks pics of her dragster sans hugger.

Cheers

Deano

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
I like it! Brutales flick enough shit up in the wet as it is so some sort of hugger will be a must unless you like a wet and shitty back. Check out the Kiwi chicks pics of her dragster sans hugger.

Cheers

Deano

Guys, this bike is more about show...than function. I never ride in the rain....and very rarely get caught in the rain. If I put a Hugger on, it will be because it looks better!

·
2,154 Posts
One thing I do know, There will not be anymore yellow on the bike! More than likely, If I keep the hugger....It will be painted black to match the other fender. Here's a pick of my next project bike.

Ok, how about a touch of yellow to the underside of the seat :wink2::wink2::wink2::wink2: would follow the frame nicely :smile2::smile2::smile2::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm:

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
Ok, how about a touch of yellow to the underside of the seat :wink2::wink2::wink2::wink2: would follow the frame nicely :smile2::smile2::smile2::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm:
Nope!....... The bike is suposed to be BLACK..... with a little yellow, accented with Italian flag accessories! At one point i was putting a custom swing arm on it with a Diavel 240mm tire on the back....and I contemplated making the swing arm yellow... but I feel like it might be to much. I still may go with the swingarm.....but I will probably go with black.

·
Super Moderator
21,450 Posts
Lookin' good there, Dino! I like the Italian nod levers....

·
Registered
95 Posts
Fantastic job, I love it and please bequeath it to me in your will; ah, I will almost certainly die before you. No Hugger please, if you don't do rain then please, please leave it as it is.

Congratulations on an amazing looking bike, but still obviously an MV.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
Fantastic job, I love it and please bequeath it to me in your will; ah, I will almost certainly die before you. No Hugger please, if you don't do rain then please, please leave it as it is.

Congratulations on an amazing looking bike, but still obviously an MV.

I'll think about leaving it to you, however.... you'll have to fight 7 of my sons over it! Like I said earlier.... only cost 80 bucks to answer the Hugger question.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I'll think about leaving it to you, however.... you'll have to fight 7 of my sons over it! Like I said earlier.... only cost 80 bucks to answer the Hugger question.

Ha! I have only one son and, much to his complete disappointment, I told him NFW am I leaving him the MV. He's only had a dirt bike for about a year (I rode it more than he did) and an old Triumph Bonneville that he used to putter around the family horse farm in CA. I don't want him to immediately follow me to the grave.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I think it looks shit.

Not quite the words I would have chosen but I agree .... I really don't like it.

Appreciate all of the work that has gone into it and the fact that it is unique but it's not for me.

BUT as long as the OP is happy then that is all that matters.

101 - 120 of 152 Posts