MV Agusta Forum banner

61 - 80 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #62 (Edited)
so I went by the shop today to check on Francesca..........looks like i might have her back in my possession in about a week.(or two,knowing my luck!) we are waiting on some custom brake lines(front)....we are moving them behind the forks, where they will be more hidden. after I take possession...........then I have to design a seat and take her to the upholster......hurry up and wait!....then she goes to Mass, to get dyno tuned.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
LOL...........I'm not going to reveal the final surprise......but I will tell you kind sir, You have good taste! >:)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Good for you from across the pond!

Hi
I love what you have done, very few motorcycles or cars are sacred and untouchable; obviously you would not do this to ex-race 500 four but an F4, why not?
The colour is fabulous, dare to be different has always been my life statement, we both march to a different drum but maybe it's all the others that are out of step! Great 'photos, looking forward to seeing more, and that video. It's your taste and it is awesome! Don't follow the herd, being weird or different is good.
Apart from my MV I have a Sportster Street Tracker that my buddy and I built, it has White Power forks, Ohlins rear, hand made stainless exhaust, one off yokes, Excel Takasago supermoto laced rims and a load of other stuff, it only weighs 478 lbs. Hardly anyone gets it at bike meets but do I care?

·
Super Moderator
21,464 Posts
I'm looking forward to the seat treatment!

Dino, which ECU is in that bike?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Holy shhhhhhheeeet thats a badass build!!

(insert golf clap here)

First I was excited to see the headlight, now you got me excited to see the wheels!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Thanks Hubbinator. The MV has a beautiful frame and Engine........and I wanted to exploited those characteristics. the F4 is Pure to Italian racing,sophisticated and just flat out seductive. To me, a motorcycle should be simple,pure......and Raw. Although MV met the markets demands with a streetfighter(Brutale)........it still hasn't met my thirst of a retro Cafe Racers. The Dragster RR is Close......but it's still a Streetfighter. My love for Vintage Cafe racers and appreciation for modern technology, forced me into building what "I" wanted........This isn't just a bike, it's an expression of me and what I envision a motorcycle should be........The MV is motorcycle art. This bike is my vision what a bike should be........it's neither right or wrong.....it's just what's in my head!

I just picked up a 1998 buell S1 White lightning.........and She's next to get a make over!

Hi
I love what you have done, very few motorcycles or cars are sacred and untouchable; obviously you would not do this to ex-race 500 four but an F4, why not?
The colour is fabulous, dare to be different has always been my life statement, we both march to a different drum but maybe it's all the others that are out of step! Great 'photos, looking forward to seeing more, and that video. It's your taste and it is awesome! Don't follow the herd, being weird or different is good.
Apart from my MV I have a Sportster Street Tracker that my buddy and I built, it has White Power forks, Ohlins rear, hand made stainless exhaust, one off yokes, Excel Takasago supermoto laced rims and a load of other stuff, it only weighs 478 lbs. Hardly anyone gets it at bike meets but do I care?

·
Super Moderator
21,464 Posts
Dino, which ECU is in that bike?
I'm not sure..........how do I find out???
I looked it up in the Workshop Manual for a 2010 F4 1000: Magneti Marelli IAW 7BM

The reason I asked is because I know we have tuned the 5SM and the 1.6M Magneti Marelli ECUs at Rob's; but, I am not sure if he has tackled the 7BM. I would suggest giving him a shout, if you haven't already.

I'm trying to remember if one of the bikes we tackled had a 7BM ECU.

·
Super Moderator
21,464 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
I really love the Raw, primitive look of the S1.........so far I love the bike.......a polar opposite of my F4. I compare it to an Old Muscle Car vs a new Ferrari!

·
Registered
2,405 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
What a great build!! If I had seen this thread six months ago, I wouldn't have sold off the gorgeous, low mileage 312R that I crashed. The bike was fine, but totaled due to frame scarring. I had a replacement frame, and wanted to consider a café racer, but decided the F4 probably wasn't the right setup for a café (so I bought a Brutale 1090RR). I sold the bike dirt cheap to a co-worker - this would have been the perfect solution.

This looks and sounds killer. Nice work!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
inspiration

Here's one of the bike's I drew inspiration from.......oh and to give you bloats some ideas(just incase you wreck your Brutale!!) I love this bike and my goal is to exceed this bike. If any of you have gone threw my Pasta Powered Cycle Group (Facebook page) you'll know that I love Italian bikes....and my passion is Cafe Racer's.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Love the Exhaust but do yourself a favor get a set of AEM rear sets in silver or titanium.
Why I say this isn't just a question of looks, the stock MV Agusta pegs are like ice when they get wet. Your foot is going slide off and hit that beautiful exhaust all the time when it rains. Hell I would give you a new set of Oberon Pegs If you lived closer

61 - 80 of 152 Posts