MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Custom eproms....Here's my take these.

Each bike that comes off the line different. Having a custom eprom for senna #277 may not work for Senna #278. I'm sure the bike will run, but if you want your bike to run better..or to its peak perfomance you need to find someone that can reprogram your chip (or make a new one) and has extensive knowledge of their Dyno. Having Joe down the street with his first generation Dynojet dyno wont do the trick.

This goes for pipes also. Slapping on a set of pipes may make your bike breath better and sound better....okay....but you need the bike to be dyno'd to really dial it in. Sorry for my rambling :blah:

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Don't speak German so I can't tell much about that one. I'd suggest you get a hold of Brad Black at MotoOne in Australia. He has a great chip and he knows a great deal about tuning MV's. There are also some superb tips on his website regarding MV timing and setup.

Moto One

Yes, engines do vary a little but only a little. Modern manufacturing procedures have eliminated most of the variations between motors. MV's use the old Marelli FI system and the real variations are not so much in manufacture but in variations due to the setup of individual bikes - TPS settings, etc.

If you DO set the motor up as it should be a well-mapped chip will work just fine in just about any motor and can be tuned even more closely on a dyno if desired.

The nice thing about a chip is you use ONE computer to manage the system. I don't like adding another computer in hopes that it will be able to talk to the first one to make it do its work. YMMV

1 - 3 of 3 Posts