MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on doing a bit of general maintenance i have discovered that there is play in the rear
sprocket carrier i can move the sprocket from side to side when i examined further
it seems that ether the cush rubbers are worn or the carrier they fit in is worn or is it
both the bike has only covered 5000 miles 910s should i be replacing rubbers or both rubbers and carrier
how is it worn like that with this mileage or is this play normal thoughts .

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Not sure of similarity of the design to the current crop of 800s but I've just changed mine after 5500 miles due to a couple of mm of radial play. Easy job and the parts were less than £10 which pleasantly surprised me. Looks like a service item then. Dealer at the time I discovered this (late last year) said that they weren't covered under the warranty.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
on doing a bit of general maintenance i have discovered that there is play in the rear
sprocket carrier i can move the sprocket from side to side when i examined further
it seems that ether the cush rubbers are worn or the carrier they fit in is worn or is it
both the bike has only covered 5000 miles 910s should i be replacing rubbers or both rubbers and carrier
how is it worn like that with this mileage or is this play normal thoughts .
You replace the cush drive rubbers only. http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/40-motowheels/206697-superlite-hyperflex-cush-drive-set.html You don't mention how much play ?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's not always a mileage issue buddy, it could be a age issue, these bikes are not new anymore and some materials do break down naturally over time.
thats just what i was thinking bike is 10 years old and has been stored for long periods
reckon the rubber has gone hard and is not as flexible .

·
Registered
14,502 Posts
?

I live in ozone land...... ozone is hard on rubber.....
my 910R is an '08 coming up on 34,000miles
zero play, something else is wrong

:wink2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts