MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys need some help,can you let me know what happens when the cush drives are worn out.Does the sprocket carrier move from left to right .Cheers Peter

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Hi Peter, which model MV have you got?
I assume you mean left to right as in side to side, not rotational ?
If that's what you mean, no it should not move left to right, remove the nut retaining clip and see if that nut is tight.
Most of the time the sprocket will have rotational movement when the rubbers are worn, and you will be able to see this quite easily.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Dons I have an 2000 F4 750 with 80,000 klm, yes the sprocket moves side to side. The nut seems to work its way loose, even though i have retaining clip in position. Cheers Peter

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Time for strip down Peter, take some pics, but I recon you have sprocket/carrier replacement due.
Another member just did his and got parts from forum vendors at great prices.
Some pictures would help though, even just to confirm that you're still using the 750 style sprockets.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Dons i have stripped it, also replaced the carrier,i have just drilled a new hole for the retaining clip,will check it after i ride it, thanks for your help. Cheers Peter

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Drilled a new hole ? You shouldn't need to... Don't make that test ride too long, I'd say something isn't right there.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mine definitely dont look like that, so the cush drives are fine. thanks for your help. cheers Peter

1 - 12 of 12 Posts