MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so my bike went in for campaign work (recall to you and me). I don't know what was done except the srag clutch. I cleaned and lubed the chain and noticed this in the video. To me it seems like a lot of play and wanted to hear anyone's thoughts on excessive, cush or other etc.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hell Manic,

My Stradale is showing the same play after 7000km. I talk to the MV tech. at my dealer and he told me that it was normal. I will keep an eye on it for sure since there is possible contact with the hub in extreem conditions. The cuch drive is due at 12000km but it probably depend on your style of riding. I probably wont make it to that point.

On my Stradale the play is conciderably less when the chain, sprocket and cuch drive is hot.

Hope it helps

Eric

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks - well I have ordered the cush drive rubbers and I will fit when I get them but this seems excessive .... yet another issue with what is both a totally fantastic bike and an annoying one too.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Received the rubbers in good time from Twin Star (thanks) fitted just now and an easy fix .... thanks for the unspoken "you can do it" support. I did find that the flange nut (meant to be torqued to 200 - 220 Nm) was hand tight!!!!!! probably the cause of the premature failure of the rubbers but that locking spring was holding it all together to please check yours.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts