MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!

I'm concidering on buying Brutale 675 as my first "big bike", and I love the looks of it and everything on paper. However, reading the forums etc. I get pretty conflicting information on issues the bike may have.
From what I understand, there's been issues with throttle response on low rev, stalling when stopping and gear indicator showing wrong gear.

I have no chance of test riding B3 in my country, but I'm going to drive an F3 this friday.

Are these issues fixed or still around with new bikes (buying a new 2014 model), and are the issues rare or very common?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks! I'm from Finland, and our only MV dealer has two 675s which neither are in registry and there is no track anywhere near to try it outside the traffic.
Good to hear the issues are solved, but I'd still like to hear other opinions!

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
There was a recall to replace the gear position sensor, this solves the problem with the display showing the wrong gear. If these bikes are new 14 models then it should have been done at the factory but worth asking to check, I had mine done last November.

Also there is a current recall out for some 14 models to replace the swing arm bolt after it was found a batch were faulty.

Other than that software and fuel map updates should have sorted out any fuelling problems. I have a Brutale 800, had it nearly a year, the only problems I've had is the gear sensor and the fuelling being a little jerky low in the rev range, these have all been fixed although to be honest I didn't find the fuelling to be as big an issue as some of the media made out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Allright, cool! Thanks for extensive information.

Funny thing about issues is the fact that people rarely speak about them being fixed, so I decided to straight up ask. :D

I'm really looking forward to test riding the F3 and likely buying the B3 later this month.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi Parasemic,
I dont know about the 675 but seems the stalling issues with the 800 version is still there. That being said, i can't recall a 675 owner complaining about stalling etc. So might just be the 800 versions!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Allright, cool! Thanks for extensive information.

Funny thing about issues is the fact that people rarely speak about them being fixed, so I decided to straight up ask. :D

I'm really looking forward to test riding the F3 and likely buying the B3 later this month.

My F3 is completely fixed. No issues at all (mind you, I only had the gear position indicator issue).

We perhaps forget to mention the fixes coz we're happily out riding!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Stalling - varies depending on the fuel you use, and the style of your driving. I have no issues with that. Just remember that it's a high rev engine and it should not be driven under 2 or 3000 rpm.

Gear Sensor - factory recall, as noted in previous posts, everybody has issues with. I still didn't replace mine, as I am aware of the gear I am in for most of the time ;), so it's not urgent form my perspective.

Starting the engine and sprag clutch - yeah, i do have problems with that from time to time. Noticed that when engine is half-warm (2 and 3 stripes on display) that's when I have issues. When fully cold, starts without problems, and so does when warm (4 and 5 stripes).

·
Registered
307 Posts
And you will not regret your decision. Haven't tried 675, riding 800. Allegedly it's a more rewarding engine for a small difference in price. Also, 800 has slightly better paint job (metallic vs plain), better handlebar, and perhaps (maybe, don't know) a few other bits most people won't notice.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Gear Sensor - factory recall, as noted in previous posts, everybody has issues with. I still didn't replace mine, as I am aware of the gear I am in for most of the time ;), so it's not urgent form my perspective.

You may be aware of the gear your in but is the bikes ECU? I'm not sure how technical MV's traction control system is but if it uses gear selection as part of its calculation then isn't that going to screw it up?

There may be other things the ecu uses that data for as well like fuel map algorithms?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi parasemic, I own a 2012 B3 675, so it has had been through all the necessary recalls and assuming the 2014 models receive the same recall updates in the factory, I'm happy to report the fuelling is now excellent! It's smooth now with no more 'on/off' engaging of the throttle :D The bike never shows an incorrect gear and the bike has never stalled at low revs, even before the updates! :D

The motor is incredibly rev happy and due to less torque more often than not you're closer to the redline than the 800, to me this can makes things more interesting in the twisties, the ride is certainly more frantic as a result ;). The 800 has a greater top speed of about 8 kph (so I've been told) and has adjustable front and rear suspension.

I do prefer the colour schemes of the 800 but for some reason they've decided to stick the decals over the top of the clearcoat so you can feel the edges of the stickers and doesn't feel seamless like on the 675 as decals are under the clear. A small gripe but shits me to tears! :p

Regardless of choice, I really do believe the b3's are a better bike than what the competition has to offer. The ride is truly manic and incredibly emotional, which is what you want in a bike really ;)

·
Registered
742 Posts
You may be aware of the gear your in but is the bikes ECU? I'm not sure how technical MV's traction control system is but if it uses gear selection as part of its calculation then isn't that going to screw it up?

There may be other things the ecu uses that data for as well like fuel map algorithms?
I have been told in very few words this isn't the case. But i share the same doubts.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi parasemic, I bought one from the first batch delivered to Finland back in August 2012. Got mine from Tuusmotor. Fuelling was pretty bad back then but i'm now running the latest software and problems are gone. Fuelling and throttle control are now among the best i have tried. My dealer has done all updates quickly and naturally without a charge.

I also have faulty gear indicator but it doesn't really bother me. My dealer has registered my bike to repair list and will be sorted in next service without charge.

All in all, great bike. Great value for money, though prices went slightly up in 2013 without obvious reason. Got mine for 12,5k€ (still expensive beacuse finnish tax policy)back then with Mv Corse plate holder. I've also installed a Zero exhaust and Mv Corse bar ends are on the way. :brutale:

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi parasemic, I bought one from the first batch delivered to Finland back in August 2012. Got mine from Tuusmotor. Fuelling was pretty bad back then but i'm now running the latest software and problems are gone. Fuelling and throttle control are now among the best i have tried. My dealer has done all updates quickly and naturally without a charge.

I also have faulty gear indicator but it doesn't really bother me. My dealer has registered my bike to repair list and will be sorted in next service without charge.

All in all, great bike. Great value for money, though prices went slightly up in 2013 without obvious reason. Got mine for 12,5k€ (still expensive beacuse finnish tax policy)back then with Mv Corse plate holder. I've also installed a Zero exhaust and Mv Corse bar ends are on the way. :brutale:
Thanks a lot! I somehow had missed the fact Tuusmotor sells them too, and it's the closest store from Helsinki. I'm calling them tomorrow if they might have an B3 for test ride.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
My brother picked up a 2013 B3 675 yesterday (second hand with only 340km on the clock and has the quickshifter).

It still had the old maps which cant compare to the new current map installed on my F3. Its also not quite as loud as the F3 675. Had a close look at the exhaust, the outlets are slightly larger on the F3 than on the B3.

I MUCH prefer the revised throttle grip to the older lighter one (it still has the old one, whereas my F3 has the new Rivale one).

It didn't have the burnt hair smell of my F3 either (wonder if its all the new bikes that don't do it anymore? My F3 had it quite often until past the 1000km service. Currently it doesn't smell anymore.

Another thing I noticed, the engine casing are not identical. Now this could be supplier change, but my 2012 F3 has slightly slimmer details on the engine casing than his B3. Also the head is a different shade of silver to the main casing as well. On my F3, they are both the same colour. Could this be an indication of change of supplier?

First thing I would do is get the new fuel map and a gripier seat. Was sliding all over the show, after that would be the new throttle grip.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts