MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those who have not been, this is THE place to see an incredible static display of some of the sweetest exotic cars in So Cal. My friend at the Irvine Company just sent me this press release. If she gets any more additional information, I will pass it along...

You can see a recent (small) sample of what this show offers here:

Crystal Cove Exotics

Here is the press release:

N E W S R E L E A S E

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

The Irvine Company
(949) 720-2675

WEEKLY CAR GATHERING OUTGROWS
NEIGHBORHOOD SHOPPING CENTER

Search Is On For New Event Venue

NEWPORT BEACH, CA (October 2, 2006) -- The search is on for potential new sites for an early morning Saturday car show that has outgrown a community shopping center parking lot at Crystal Cove Promenade.

The show began in 2003 with a few dozen enthusiasts showing off their antique and exotic automobiles early Saturday mornings. It has evolved into a weekly gathering that regularly attracts more than 200 specialty vehicles, 600 observers and commercial enterprises promoting their businesses.

“For more than three years, we’ve tried our best to accommodate this spontaneous and informal car show,” said Susan Jennrich, general manager of Crystal Cove Promenade. “It has grown in size and complexity into an enthusiastic weekly event that is no longer appropriate for a shopping center parking lot near a residential area.”

The show has no single leader or sponsor, but in discussions last week several participants were told the shopping center’s parking lot no longer will be available for the car show after October 14. Flyers to that effect will be distributed to participants at the next two events.

Jennrich said the car shows have reached a size and scope that they should be subject to a municipal special events permit that would require insurance and trash removal, among other things, and would regulate issues such as hours of operation and noise. Shopping center events held throughout the year are subject to permits issued by the city.

Several car enthusiasts who want to keep the show growing have been in discussions to find a more appropriate venue in Newport Beach that can handle its growing popularity.

“We hope they find a location equipped to handle the significant number of participants, spectators and businesses involved,” Jennrich said.

FYI

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
339 Posts
Just saw this on another board (reserved area for motorcycles :) ):

Saturdays
7:00 AM - 9:00 AM
“Cars & Coffee”
Lots of parking! No speed bumps, 400 spaces for exhibit, a
reserved area for motorcycles plus ample spectator parking.
Got wheels? All interesting cars and bikes are welcomed!!!
Please join us and other car enthusiasts for the inaugural
"Cars and Coffee" event. PAG (home to Jaguar, Aston
Martin, Land Rover and Volvo), Mazda and Ford's Advanced
Design Studio will open their landscaped parking facilities to
continue the Saturday tradition of Crystal Cove.
The location has changed, but the spirit remains...
Ford – Premier Automotive Group – Mazda Campus
7905 Gateway Blvd
Irvine, CA 92618
Starbucks coffee and bakery
goods will be available from
our on-site Café.

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yes!!!!!!!!!

AWESOME! Let's GO!!! MV Invasion...Sorry my picture link (above) is temporarily dead, the bug ate it, I'll fix it tonight...***EDIT: Link has been fixed***

So, this Saturday would be the first one? There doesn't seem to be a date for the inaugural event???

I can be there, Tamburini #211 under my butt...Anyone else want to meet up there?

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
339 Posts
The dates posted are 10-29-2006 until 11-29-2006, so I guess it started last saturday. I'll try to make it, but my mother in law is visiting :jsm: . On second thought, I'll definitely be there, LOL :yo: I'm just not sure what I'll be riding, the MV is still apart :violin:

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nevermore said:
The dates posted are 10-29-2006 until 11-29-2006, so I guess it started last saturday. I'll try to make it, but my mother in law is visiting :jsm: . On second thought, I'll definitely be there, LOL :yo: I'm just not sure what I'll be riding, the MV is still apart :violin:
Are you going down there this weekend, nevermore? Anyone else interested in checking out some big-buck cages on Saturday???

If the weather is nice, I think I'll head down there early and get some pictures after smoothing out Ortega Highway...

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
339 Posts
twoeleven said:
Are you going down there this weekend, nevermore? Anyone else interested in checking out some big-buck cages on Saturday???

If the weather is nice, I think I'll head down there early and get some pictures after smoothing out Ortega Highway...

Griff
twoeleven
I plan to be there! What time are you going to hit Ortega? I'm in south county, so that's my back yard and I might be up for an early morning jaunt :yo:
Either way, I'll probably take my son to the show, it's his tenth birthday this weekend and he is already trying to decide between a Ferrari and a Lamborghini when he turns sixteen, ha ha. Maybe I'll get him a lottery ticket. :violin:

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, It looks like good weather, so, if I get to sleep at a reasonable hour, I would leave here between 6:30 and 7am, I live on the inland side of Ortega...That would put me at the show by 7:30 or 8am at the latest. This is an early event, so I am going to try to run on the early side of that plan!

Bring your kid, bring your camera...Should be great as always!

I will be on the Tambo, parked in the "motorcycle area"...

Griff
twoeleven

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Very cool...If I'm in full leathers, I'll stand out like GI Joe at a Ken doll convention, Grey/Black/White Dainese's...If not, black MV logo shirt (not the .net variety) over black Icon riding pants and Sidi boots...

Look forward to meeting you and your son, if he goes!

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
339 Posts
twoeleven said:
Very cool...If I'm in full leathers, I'll stand out like GI Joe at a Ken doll convention, Grey/Black/White Dainese's...If not, black MV logo shirt (not the .net variety) over black Icon riding pants and Sidi boots...

Look forward to meeting you and your son, if he goes!

Griff
twoeleven

ROTFL . . GI Joe at a ken doll convention :laughing: :laughing: . . .now that I gotta see. Maybe I'll at least wear my MV leather jacket just for support if it's as cool as it was this morning. I know my son will go as soon as I tell him that he gets to see a Tamburini. Heck, I might be more excited than he is!

So anybody else coming?????

PS - BTW Griff, we need to plan a DS ride sometime!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts