MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very rainy weekend here in Connecticut allowed me to get the 910R the way I want it.

First thing. Replaced useless stock mirrors with CRG bar ends. I have these on my Guzzi and love them. No modifications needed, take off the bar end weights, install CRG's at the ends and replace...very simple.

Fitted Rizoma Licence plate holder. really cleans up the sweet rear on the Brutale. :naughty: Those are Kellerman quartz mini turn signals..very bright!

Took off the passenger pegs...not needed on this bike!
Nevermind the chicken strips, only one ride so far. :cross:

3 coats of Zaino Brothers wax and she is ready to go!

Attachments

·
Registered
756 Posts
:) Very nice John. I like the mirrors...may need to put on a pair. Sounds very simple. I just took mine out for a short ride after all that rain...finally had a little break in the weather. I'd swear the engine is loosening up and it's getting faster :naughty:

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
odonata said:
Very nice... is lane splitting legal in NY? can those mirrors fold in on-the-flight for the tight spots?

Since you took the pegs off, would replace the pilloin pad with a seat cowl?

again, very nice bike!
No lane splitting in NY, only in California, but they are the "lane splitter" models so they do fold in.

As far as the seat cowl, YES! What are my options??? CF or just black would be nice. Who carries them?

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Nice photos John. Well worth the wait I presume. :smoking:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yeah legal lane splitting would be a nice advantage in traffic. It's illegal here in Florida, but we do it anyway, especially when going to ft myers beach, which is really an island, and by car it takes a good hour when theres traffic. On the bike, lane splitting, it takes a mere 15 minutes.

odonata said:
Wow, I can't imagine no splitting, that totally defeats the advantage of riding a bike in traffic...

·
Registered
456 Posts
John,

Considering the CRG LS mirrors for my R as well. What did you use to plug the holes left from the stock mirrors? Love the Rizoma plate holder. Have that on my R as well. Just finished putting all of the CF on my R. It looks so lovely!!!!! Now I just need to put a few coats of wax on it like you :) Looks awesome John!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
MVITALIAN said:
John,
What did you use to plug the holes left from the stock mirrors? Love the Rizoma plate holder.
Nothing yet, it really is not that bad but I want something to finish it off.

I'm sure I'm not the first to get rid of the mirrors....what have others done??

John T

·
Registered
456 Posts
I asked this question before. I know that there's a company that sells plugs but I can't seem to find them. Gladio/Jack said it was a German company. I'm still looking. If anyone finds someone who makes something to fill those holes let me know!

·
Registered
5,573 Posts
Very very nice bike :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
MVITALIAN said:
I asked this question before. I know that there's a company that sells plugs but I can't seem to find them. Gladio/Jack said it was a German company. I'm still looking. If anyone finds someone who makes something to fill those holes let me know!
These guys in Switzerland (German speaking) sell what appear to be replacements for the mirror mount top clamps.

www.brutale.ch/onlineshop/

Follow the Brutale link on the left side, then look for the "2.315.4 Lenkerspiegel" item about two-thirds of the way down the page.

However, they don't seem too keen on shipping to anywhere else. ("Dispatch is possible only within Switzerland.")

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Darkside said:
Where can I purchase those mirrors and license plate holder?
The Rizoma I purchased from Carpimoto in Italy, they came in just over a week.

The CRG's I purchased at Cliff's Cycle Revolution, where my shop is Located, but you can get them at many online shops or straight from CRG. (constuctors Racing Group)

John T

1 - 20 of 20 Posts