MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a rather harrowing experience with the SPU on my '04 Brutale, MV Agusta USA has agreed to replace it. They have offered me a credit for what I paid with the dealer of my choice.

Since I complained loudly here about the lack of response from the company, it is right that I praise them loudly here as well.

I'm quite pleased with the new focus on customer satisfaction and I believe it will continue. This is positive news indeed for the company.

Bravo MV Agusta USA! I'm proud of you.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
thats good to hear, I hope that the parts network will be alive and flowing. Might just make the purchase of an F3 a bit more comfortable

·
Administrator
18,871 Posts
That is good to hear Carl....I take it you have had conversation with the new administration/distributor?
Hope they are getting focus back on market support now.

Wonder if they will display at some of the International Motorcycle Shows this coming year????

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have spoken with the new management. They got off to a slow start, but I think they realize customer satisfaction is job one.

I believe you will see more common issues taken care of under warranty even if the warranty period has expired. They have hired a dedicated "warranty guy" to look into complaints.

The SPUs on the brutales and the hub issues have their attention.

·
Registered
131 Posts
thats good to hear, I hope that the parts network will be alive and flowing. Might just make the purchase of an F3 a bit more comfortable
Me too ..... I've been waiting for a new dash for a month now ..... and there is NO idea of when one will be coming in ......

What a royal pain in the ass !!!!!!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I have spoken with the new management. They got off to a slow start, but I think they realize customer satisfaction is job one.

I believe you will see more common issues taken care of under warranty even if the warranty period has expired. They have hired a dedicated "warranty guy" to look into complaints.

The SPUs on the brutales and the hub issues have their attention.
Cag, do you think MVAgusta will have a recall on the hubs????
Seems ridiculous that this is now a known issue - having several fail - so why wait till someone has a SERIOUS :jsm: accident before they replace???????

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Excellent work Mr. G - and yes, credit is due.

Cheers

·
Administrator
18,871 Posts
Seems ridiculous that this is now a known issue - having several fail - so why wait till someone has a SERIOUS :jsm: accident before they replace???????

The percentage of failures is anecdotal. A Factory Safety Recall (at least in the USA) would be driven by the NHTSA after investigations of reports made by complainants and review with the OEM.

If the NHTSA has not received a significant number of complaints (relative to the number of units in service) they will not address the issue. I suspect the same format holds true in other countries. Considering the primary market for MV products is Europe (in total sales numbers) and the EU is known for some pretty strict regulations regarding safety, I suspect a recall is not forthcoming on rear hubs.

Without disparaging those who have had problems, I can say that my bike has been properly maintained and has over 18,000 miles without an issue (knock on wood). I am of the camp that believe most failures have been caused by improper service or maintenance. This is not to say the design could not be more robust. And MV has indeed made improvements with later models, although 10 years of production passed before those changes were made.

I could be wrong, of course....but I don't think you will see a hub recall.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have no inside information. My personal belief is that there will not be a recall on the hubs.

I also believe that if you have or have had a serious problem with your hub, bring it to your authorized MV Agusta dealer. I have a feeling both you and the dealer may be surprised at how responsive MV Augsta is to your problem.

As I said, MV Agusta USA got of to kind of a slow start. I think they will be weeding out some marginal dealers while seeking to add quality dealerships. I think they agree that being responsive to customer complaints and concerns is the best way to grow the brand. Dealers that don't get that will not last long.

·
Administrator
18,871 Posts
i would love to start a ducati/mv dealer in the CT area.........Is a few bucks, a cough drop, and some pocket lint enough to start a dealership?
Sure....as long as you have a line of credit open for a few million$$....:ahhh:

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
i would love to start a ducati/mv dealer in the CT area.........
That's a good way to make a small fortune Matty..........but you'll need to start with a large fortune........stick to the thing you know best.....camo superman underwear. :naughty:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts