MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Recently purchased a 910S in Silver and Red. Love the looks and performance.

Had trouble with the clutch, gearbox very snatchy changing down and very awkward to get neutral, I'd read reviews about how slick it was and how easy neutral was to engage.
Took it for an MOT today and they said the clutch felt awful. They thought a piece was missing from the lever, see attached pic.
Should there be a piece holding the end of the brass pin....?
After moving the lever to its widest position the gearbox is transformed, I'd obviously been riding with the clutch not fully engaged....:ahhh:

Basically, should there be something in round hole with the brass bit in.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
get your oem piece put it in

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Try contacting CRG the mfg of it. It's an aftermarket lever.

http://www.constructorsrg.com/levers/index.html
Red Baron,

Thanks for the the reply.

Think I might need an eye test...!
Thought it said 'CRC' as in Cagiva Research.....

Looked at the website, seems it might just be the hole as it is.
Can't understand why adjusting it for your finger span would reduce the operation of the clutch...?

As said, with the lever wide open the gearbox is now super smooth.
Maybe I'll just leave it on setting 6.

·
Registered
409 Posts
The part you are looking for I don't believe CRG normally supplies. The part comes with the original levers and you transfer them to the new levers - so you might need to go to a dealer. Or, maybe these are universal, they certainly look the same as other bikes I've had.

I took a quick pic of mine and it is below. When I bought the bike, it came with the CRG levers attached, but I also got a box full of original parts including the levers, and the originals used the same piece.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
This is a brass ferrule for want of a better description which has a stopped hole drilled in it. This locates the clutch switch plunger. An oe ferrule will fit. The levers are crg Rolaclik and mine werent supplied with this ferrule .

Im in UK. If you are struggling to get one give me a pm
I wouldnt personally recommend going down the dealer route..will take forever

1 - 13 of 13 Posts