1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
1) My 2002 R1 needed a new rear tire so I'll just trade it in for the 2004 R1 while I'm here.

2) I don't want to spend $300 to change the gearing, change and speedo healer on the 2004 R1 so I'll just get a 999 instead.

3) My registration on the 999 is still Arizona and if I get caught here, I'll be in trouble. If I get the MV, it would be CA registered.

You know, the scary thing is these are things I've mostly told myself and at the time believed it. :)

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Allan Gibbs said:
1) My 2002 R1 needed a new rear tire so I'll just trade it in for the 2004 R1 while I'm here.

2) I don't want to spend $300 to change the gearing, change and speedo healer on the 2004 R1 so I'll just get a 999 instead.

3) My registration on the 999 is still Arizona and if I get caught here, I'll be in trouble. If I get the MV, it would be CA registered.

You know, the scary thing is these are things I've mostly told myself and at the time believed it. :)
this is a PERFECT post, Allan...

i think i can understand your thinking 150%

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
194 Posts
" The Agusta needs to stay, but I need to buy an R6 for the track, because the F4 is too powerful to race and I may crash on it"
True story...she actually bought it.

Attachments

·
Registered
339 Posts
I think Allan's got the best list so far. Me, I usually cop out with the old faithful "you want me to be safe don't you" for everything from motorcycles to Marchesinis.

I'm particularly proud of my latest effort, however. You see, the Spencer Pro school is in Vegas the week of our anniversary, so I said "Honey, you can let me go the Spencer school as an anniversary gift and then join me for the weekend and I'll take you out to some shows." I'm signed up for the school now and I got credit for being a loving, thoughtful husband. I love it when a plan comes together.

·
Registered
756 Posts
My wife said that I could never ride a motorcycle, so told her I was only going to get a scooter - which was an Aprilia RS50 two stroke. I told her about my next bike - Ducati 750 Monster - as she was falling asleep. She was quite unhappy when she heard the delivery truck in the driveway the next morning at 6am. Once I had a real bike I just swore that I would never get another one as I added to the portfolio. Basically I've won the battle of attrition...and lied like a rug. Actually, my wife is great to tolerate my obsession. :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
MarcoM3 said:
" The Agusta needs to stay, but I need to buy an R6 for the track, because the F4 is too powerful to race and I may crash on it"
True story...she actually bought it.
Funny I'm trying the same thing now.

However my spouse bought my MV for me.

Figured a nicer bike would slow me down.

She was right.

Kill me if I lay this one down. :bandit:

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
I told my wife I'd buy a Yamaha R1 :jsm: no way she would agree on that, so the MV came :yo:

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I forgot this one:

I'd loose too much money if I trade it in. Hell, it's enough to pay for the bike for 10 months! So, I'm just going to get both. :)

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nevermore said:
I think Allan's got the best list so far. Me, I usually cop out with the old faithful "you want me to be safe don't you" for everything from motorcycles to Marchesinis.

I'm particularly proud of my latest effort, however. You see, the Spencer Pro school is in Vegas the week of our anniversary, so I said "Honey, you can let me go the Spencer school as an anniversary gift and then join me for the weekend and I'll take you out to some shows." I'm signed up for the school now and I got credit for being a loving, thoughtful husband. I love it when a plan comes together.
you should write THE ENTIRE SCRIPT of the conversation out, VERBATIM...
so that we can ALL study it for future reference :D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
MVorBMW said:
My wife said that I could never ride a motorcycle, so told her I was only going to get a scooter - which was an Aprilia RS50 two stroke. I told her about my next bike - Ducati 750 Monster - as she was falling asleep. She was quite unhappy when she heard the delivery truck in the driveway the next morning at 6am. Once I had a real bike I just swore that I would never get another one as I added to the portfolio. Basically I've won the battle of attrition...and lied like a rug. Actually, my wife is great to tolerate my obsession. :)
i should add that when i ORIGINALLY told my wife about the MV, i told her that it was a "small, personal bike" that lied somewhere between a Kawasaki ZX-14... and a Vespa :jsm:

hmmmmmm
my friends REALLY got a kick out of THIS one :)

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 71 Posts