MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
yes. and i was careful...careful when picking my baby back up out of the woods, getting her in the back of the pickup, and careful getting her back in the garage onto the stand. AND i'll be careful not to make that mistake of crashing in that same spot again!

OH, and i was careful in doing all of that before i took care of my own injuries. :nerd:

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
I crashed mine just one week after marrying on it :cussing:

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
A BMW X5 got in my way on 1/28/02 with my first MV a 2000 model. He came from a convenience store across the street, stuck his nose out of opposite traffic while the intersection light was red. When the light turned green, I was the first vehicle throught the intesection and hit him around 40mph.

I did a couple of flips in the air, rolls when I hit the ground but ended up in good shape. Helmet was damaged though. The MV was totaled. And, a cop just happened to witness the whole thing.

·
Registered
71 Posts
First accessory for my Brutale? Crash bungs. On before she went anywhere. :eek:

I did drop the BMW once. Luckily though I was carrying a pillion and she cushioned the blow. My Beemer wasn't even marked. :laughing:

I really, really do not want to drop my MV and am being extra, extra cautious. What a horrible thread. :jsm:

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Superbike,

It really was no biggie, just expensive. Shit happens and I try to learn from it. Just because Tam292 is expensive doesn't mean I'm not going to use it; infact, I think NOT to would be a bigger waste of my money. That beast is going to continue to be used, tracked and meticulously cared for. One can hardly tell my machine with 4300 miles from a pristine crated one.

I change my background from Tam pic to tam pic periodically.

Peter

·
Registered
136 Posts
Yep mine was crahed after 3 months but it was the mechanic who did it after the service he was doing a test ride.

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
Knocking HARD on wood, currently...I have never dropped a streetbike.

But, about 5 years ago, on a MX track here in So Cal, on my 1997 CR250, I hysterically over-jumped a double-jump, maybe a 30-foot gap that I overshot (and over-rotated) by a solid 15 feet. The bike went in on the front wheel, compressed the forks to the stops, and then projected me forward and over the bars onto my face, destroying an Arai VX-Pro in the process. My body was in the middle of folding over the wrong way on itself, when the CR used me as a cushion, smashing me into the dirt. I was driven by a friend to the Riverside Hospital ER, bleeding a bit from my mouth, and more or less torn to pieces. Amazingly, it was all soft-tissue damage, mostly every muscle in my back and neck. Three months of recovery and PT, plenty of Vicadin, and two permanant scars later (left inside wrist, and right knee) I was okay, and lived to ride again. I rebuilt and restored the CR from the frame up, and it remains one of my favorite rides today.

Gravity hurts!

Griff
twoeleven

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
Nice sequence, Odo...Do you have a personal photographer follow you wherever you ride? Was that your Bro who was Johnny on the Spot?

Can't wait to visit your Home on the Grange!!!

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
136 Posts
I was happy in fact I got blue/silver bike in replacement and sold the other f41000 and made money on the whole deal (-:

·
Registered
774 Posts
I crashed my Brutale on may 2006 on a wet french road.

3000 EUR. Pfff.

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
twoeleven said:
Nice sequence, Odo...Do you have a personal photographer follow you wherever you ride? Was that your Bro who was Johnny on the Spot?

Can't wait to visit your Home on the Grange!!!

Griff
twoeleven
yeah, that was my brother shooting... it was just the 2 of us @ the track.

Olive, have you gotten your bike fixed yet? good to see your post again!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts