MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Crashed my girl yesterday. Was driving around Schaumburg Illinois and a lady pulled out in front of me. Tboned her at around 20 mph cuz I was blessed to slow down from 35 with quick thinking. I broke my left ankle and left clavicle/collar bone. Gonna be put up for awhile. Bike damage is unknown at this time. Still in the hospital for another day. Only had her for less than 3 months and 600 miles . :-(

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
That is so sad. I hope you heal up fast.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Awww, that sucks ...... still, I think I'd be asking for a new bike from her insurance company ......

Hope you heal up soon .....

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Oh man I hate reading threads like this - Glad it was not worse, that speed you peeled off would have made a difference, well done.

The bike is either fixable or replaceable so don't worry about that for now.

Wishing you all the very best in your recovery hopefully, a speedy one - clavicles suck - quite a few of us know about that ;) But it will be fine in the long run.

Cheers
Rob

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Crashed my girl yesterday. Was driving around Schaumburg Illinois and a lady pulled out in front of me. Tboned her at around 20 mph cuz I was blessed to slow down from 35 with quick thinking. I broke my left ankle and left clavicle/collar bone. Gonna be put up for awhile. Bike damage is unknown at this time. Still in the hospital for another day. Only had her for less than 3 months and 600 moles. :-(

Aric,
sorry to hear that you crashes, speedy recovery buddy

Attachments

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
Aric, that sux but it's a blessing that you're here still able to post. Heal yourself. The bike can be returned to normal. Or replaced. Glad you're posting still. :)

·
Registered
517 Posts
Sux! Sux! Sux! Always hate hearing about accidents. Remember though, bikes are replaceable; people aren't. Heal soon and go find another beautiful piece of fine machinery.
~Mike

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I debated before I left the hotel whether to wear my helmet or not. Its was 92 out and almost didn't. Glad I did cuz my head took quite a hit off the side of the van. Would be a different story if I didn't. WEAR YOUR GEAR GUYS!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Sorry to hear the news, Stegen. The good thing is you protected your noggin'! As hot as it can be sometimes, I wouldn't go out without my gear. It's just not worth it when you have people out there that just don't see motorcycles. I've had two instances where the driver was stopped at an intersection where I had the right of way, they were looking right at me, yet still proceeded into the intersection in front of me. They may see the bike, but it doesn't register in their heads because they are only looking out for cars. You reacted well scrubbing off some speed!

Heal up quickly, get the bike repaired or replaced (push for the latter!), and get back on the iron horse!

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Glad you are still with us. And yes, ALWAYS WEAR YOUR GEAR! (when you're on your bike)

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Suck to hear. Hope you are back on a bike soon.

·
Premium Member
2,893 Posts
Dammit, sorry to hear this. Do you want my Mario Cement Factory? Should be good for at least a few hours of distraction. Just send it back when you're fully recovered.

·
Premium Member
2,893 Posts
Oh, I thought since planning on starting your vintage video game collection you'd recognize the pic I sent you a while back of the one I found in my moms attic. No worries.

·
Registered
175 Posts
So sorry to hear about your accident best wishes for a speedy and full recovery.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
OMG hope you get well soon.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts