MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I know this has been asked a few times already but what crash protection will work with the F3?

Could you fit something under the fairing or do you have to go with a larger bung and cut a hole through the fairing? Just wondering what I should do when mine arrives in the near future.

Any advice appreciated! :f4:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi all

I know this has been asked a few times already but what crash protection will work with the F3?

Could you fit something under the fairing or do you have to go with a larger bung and cut a hole through the fairing? Just wondering what I should do when mine arrives in the near future.

Any advice appreciated! :f4:
Not seen anything yet but if you have to drill the fairings then im not putting them on!

·
Registered
352 Posts
I definitely want the following on my bike for crash protection:
1. Front axle sliders
2. Rear axle sliders
3. Frame sliders
4. Engine case cover (probably I'll paint them silver to match the engine color)

I hope R&G, GSG, Sato, GB Racing and others come up with these soon!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm keeping my eye out for those too. If no one makes them I'll probably CNC cut some kevlar case covers and other bits when I get my bike and am able to start making the designs.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Any news on any crash protection accessories? I have been regularly checking the manufacturer websites, but no one seems to be making anything for the F3.

Does anyone know what kind of frame sliders would fit the F3? Will the 2010 (or later) F4 frame sliders fit?

·
Registered
352 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Any news on any crash protection accessories? I have been regularly checking the manufacturer websites, but no one seems to be making anything for the F3.

Does anyone know what kind of frame sliders would fit the F3? Will the 2010 (or later) F4 frame sliders fit?
Taking my bike down to R&G tomorrow, they require it in order to finalise the crash protection parts they are developing, I will keep you updated

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I definitely want the following on my bike for crash protection:
1. Front axle sliders
2. Rear axle sliders
3. Frame sliders
4. Engine case cover (probably I'll paint them silver to match the engine color)

I hope R&G, GSG, Sato, GB Racing and others come up with these soon!
WOAH :wtf:

Just buy a new set of fairings and have it handy in the event you need them :eek:nthecan:

·
Registered
352 Posts
WOAH :wtf:

Just buy a new set of fairings and have it handy in the event you need them :eek:nthecan:
lol, the crash protection is still much more cheaper than a extra set of fairings :)

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Just back from R&G, bike left for a couple more days for further research to be carried..

Tail tidy and crash bobbins are in the final development. The side crash bobbins will not involve drilling holes in the side fairings, which is good news. Understand that tank side protectors will also be available.
I have seen both pro-types, very impressed by the quality.

Keep an eye on their website as to when the parts will be available

·
Registered
352 Posts
Just back from R&G, bike left for a couple more days for further research to be carried..

Tail tidy and crash bobbins are in the final development. The side crash bobbins will not involve drilling holes in the side fairings, which is good news. Understand that tank side protectors will also be available.
I have seen both pro-types, very impressed by the quality.

Keep an eye on their website as to when the parts will be available
Awesome news! I'll place my BIG order as soon as the crash bobbins are available.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I am going to run this bike for the rest of the season (assuming I ever get one) and during the winter/off season I will worry about the extras and upgrades... I hope that some will become available with time.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Hope this thread isn't too old to re-boot, but there will soon be another option out for the F3.

On my Triumph, I'm very pleased with the crash protection set I have from GB Racing. So I emailed them about the F3, and they're tooling up now. Expect products to launch for the beginning of October, and watch their web site (gbracing.eu)

I looked around a lot and researched all sorts of manufacturers' products before I went with the GB Racing, and they were certainly tops on my list. I can only hope they are as successful with creating something for the F3.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks for the update Triple. I too always on a look out for aftermarket companies to release their line up of F3 crash sliders. At the top of my list at the moment. Looking forward to see what GB comes up with.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I like GB racing stuff, have it on my track bike. I emailed them 2 months back and they told me that the case covers will be out in few weeks. World Performance Racing has been working with them. for quite some time now.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Its for racing, but they don't list Australia for shipping. So have sent them an email.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Motorcycle.com App

1 - 20 of 33 Posts