MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Crash bang is right. Forty-five of riding and finally it happened. I did not allow that a van up ahead might do something odd and it did leaving me three choices 1. Hit the van, 2. Hit the street, or 3. Hit the curb and land on the center divide. Since it rainy season down here the ground is soft and the grass was high on the center divide I did 3. I was able to get my speed down to about 15mph. Not terribly serious, three broken ribs and a separated shoulder, but kind of painful. Nothing visible on me but grass stains on my tee shirt. I think what broke my ribs was the two liter bottle of diet Pepsi in my backpack. I landed on that. I’ll be back riding in about six weeks.

The bike took most the damage on the sliders. They do work. Two guys stopped and one gave me a ride home and the other rode the goose back.

I do need some parts. The shifter peg sheered off – just the peg itself, the lever is OK. The nut on the left side of the rear hub is slightly damaged. Probably not structurally bad but to be on the safe side I could use a new nut and the snap retaining ring. The front left turn signal looks fine and works but it wiggles in a way that must mean there is some cracked plastic around the base, nothing visible but it should also be replaced eventually. The slider rubber is straight forward.

If I can find these soon enough I can have them shipped to some people coming down next month and they will carry them down.

·
Vendor
5,408 Posts
Sorry to hear this,recover quickly,also glad to hear the bike is not too bad,Mitch.

·
Registered
100 Posts
After my debacle this summer, I can only empathize. So glad to hear you are alright. Speedy recover, and all the best. -p

·
Registered
240 Posts
Sorry to hear about your crash. Thankfully your Brutale survived with seemingly minor injuries, but much more importantly, you are going to be ok.
If there's one thing I've learned in my years of motorcycling it is "NEVER TRUST THE CAGERS!"
Peace,
Glenn

1 - 6 of 6 Posts