MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else had the same problem ?, I have the fortune of owning 2 F4"s one road the other track and both have failed with the internal fuel filter connection pipe breaking up :thewife:, not exactly what you would expect from a $30,000 machine, great forum by the way but no more than the humble MV deserves they realy get under your skin :)

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
How old's your bike again Roy, what fuel are you running.....etc.
It's not MV specific mate, the manuals tell you when to replace certain parts, some of that info is good info.
There's lots of info on this topic if you just have a look around on the forum .

·
Vendor
5,284 Posts
Anyone else had the same problem ?, I have the fortune of owning 2 F4"s one road the other track and both have failed with the internal fuel filter connection pipe breaking up :thewife:, not exactly what you would expect from a $30,000 machine, great forum by the way but no more than the humble MV deserves they realy get under your skin :)
Yes,the MV needs a bit of TLC,but if you follow a few maintainance requirements they are as reliable as any other bike on the road/track.:)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply guys your manuals are a Godsend Donsy especally living in Darwin I use the forum search on a regular basis and its priceless, the bikes are 06 and 07 I have aquired both in the last 2 years so im unsure of history, I also have a couple of BMW R1150R's both these bikes are much older than the MV with a similar internal tank system and both have run on standard unleaded guess what ? no problems ! internal fuel pipes are still as new, regardless of whatever maintainance procedures are recomended these pipes should not self destruct on any modern machine, poor quality no excuses MV in my book. Back in 1979 the 900ss Ducati gave me a few things to whinge about as well, I will not make the same mistake and part company with the MV's.

·
Registered
260 Posts
If it's the hose that's failing, perhaps someone previously replaced it with an inferior grade of hose not suitable for submersible operation. Just thinking....

I serviced my fuel pump/filter two years ago using new hose and it's still in great condition.

Eric

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Eric as far as I can see its original pipe with crimped connectors one bike has been in the tropics from new and only done 3,700 kms in 7 yrs, the other is an import from Sydney having done 13,000 in 8 years both have identical brands of pipe, ive pulled apart quite a few fuel pumps and filters from various machines and never seen pipe as poor as this before, just wonderd if anyone else has had the same problem and being a P om it gave me something to whinge about.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts