MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I ordered LH44 and received it. After awhile I found out there is a leakage of fuel from its tank... I knew this Italian bike would have some kind of problems in the future but not this. It almost killed me. Waiting for a replacement new tank but no news for 2 weeks. I am missing the best riding season here. Is this problem still common with MV? How long for god's sake will it take more?? Any experience??

·
Registered
786 Posts
I think you are a bit unlucky there. I know swollen tanks have been a problem with some manufacturers including MV but not full cracks so that the bike is not usable. Hope its sorted for you soon.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess 2016 was not for me then.
Why don't they just make a new tank and send it to me..

·
Registered
404 Posts
shin - you may check into plastic welding to not lose the riding season. Acerbis plastic tanks can be welded and sealed. You could buy a do it yourself kit on Amazon or eBay. Best of luck

·
Administrator
19,829 Posts
Where in the world are you located?
A crack in a fuel tank is extremely unusual.
MV is shipping parts, your dealer needs to be telling them about this safety hazard and failure on a brand new vehicle.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info. I will study about it.

shin - you may check into plastic welding to not lose the riding season. Acerbis plastic tanks can be welded and sealed. You could buy a do it yourself kit on Amazon or eBay. Best of luck

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Located Tokyo Japan. Exactly! that is what I thought and have been telling them. I even wrote MV in Italy. No dates has been provided. Just kept writing me to contact my dealer. No news so far by now...

Where in the world are you located?
A crack in a fuel tank is extremely unusual.
MV is shipping parts, your dealer needs to be telling them about this safety hazard and failure on a brand new vehicle.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Really? Wow that is long. I am not sure if I can be as patient as you have been. I am still calling and pushing the factory in Italy since my dealer has no power to pleasure Italy.

I'll be the negative nancy here. I've been waiting for a replacement tank since Nov 15 on a standard color brutale.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got a call from MV. I am receiving a new fuel tank next week.
Thank you every one. The factory is working.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts