MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guy's I have purchased some F4 carbon bodywork in Northern France and I need to get it shipped to the west of scotland at a reasonable cost. The quotes from the usual suspects DHL etc is €500, the french post office will not handle large size boxes and if we split up into smaller numerous boxes it is still going to cost €500. Does anyone know of a courier service that can do this cheaper than the above>
Regards Glenn

·
Registered
459 Posts
I had same problem last year getting parts back from Italy ,the seller should be able to get lower quotes than you can for courier pick up.
I used Parcel 2 Go and sending cost was approx £30 but their pick up quote for return was something ridiculous like yours. All the other quotes I recieved were similar.

I was lucky and managed to use my brother in law's company account but it still cost £90, if the seller cant arrange in France then it seems to become take the piss pricing when arranging a pick up from outside UK or maybe it is the same in the UK also.

I have a set here I could sell for 300 plus the 500 postage.

Hope you find a solution.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The box is quite light as everything is carbon but it is unfortunately quite large and that appears to be the problem.
Glenn

·
Registered
14,501 Posts
postage?

most countries use a maximum size for the post of 108 inches length + girth except for Australia 79 inches and Japan max dimension 24 inches

tried to send a fairing nose and screen to Australia its too big, so off to UPS it weighs 6 lb 5 oz.....2.86 kg
you ready?

$633.00 fuck that

i can ship 1 cubic meter of lead to Sydney for $139

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Try this place,

http://www.parcel2ship.co.uk/?gclid=CJ2puKPc6KoCFRRC4QodjhEgOA

Cost me £15 to send my clocks to Italy by DHL

Cheers
Adam

most countries use a maximum size for the post of 108 inches length + girth except for Australia 79 inches and Japan max dimension 24 inches

tried to send a fairing nose and screen to Australia its too big, so off to UPS it weighs 6 lb 5 oz.....2.86 kg
you ready?

$633.00 fuck that

i can ship 1 cubic meter of lead to Sydney for $139

·
Registered
135 Posts
Go to a site called shiply. Type in the details of item and pick up/delivery details and couriers bid for the work plus have feedback for you to verify them. Little like a reverse eBay auction. I actually used this to get my f4 collected from Ireland and delivered to my door in england! Cost £110!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts