MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Living the Dream
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought some new well-nuts to go in the airbox but i pushed two of them all the way through into the airbox itself. it is freaking beautiful here today in VA and i want to go for a ride badly. so my question is, if i go for a ride with the well-nuts in the bottom of the airbox will it screw up my bike. i think the filter would stop them without doing any damage and it would only be for one ride. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
jamesc may have some experience here, but riding with the suction, heat and vibration of the motor pulling at some well nuts like ice up a straw is not a good idea to me. i don't think you want to have nightmare MV experience over one day of riding.

i would get those nuts out of there. safe then sorry comes to mind...and it shouldn't take 3 hours for you to do it.

·
Registered
375 Posts
The Well Nuts that are toward the seat SIT RIGHT OVER cylinders 1 and 4. If you had one fall through one of those rear holes DO NOT START THE BIKE OR TWIST THE THROTTLE. You will need to pull the tank and airbox then fish them out of the throttle body.

As for the forward ones, the air filter should stop them but I would not take the chance. Disassemble and remove them.

·
Registered
878 Posts
yup, ditto all of the above... my mechanic warned if that ever happens, don't ride it. He'd seen it cause some serious damage...

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
Absolutely dont start the bike!!!! The nuts do fall onto the intake valve. When you remove the airbox you can reach it easily.

·
Living the Dream
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the help guys, in 45 mins flat i found the little bastard and put the whole bike back together to ride. i will attach some pics tomorrow. my fastest time ever!!! Thanks again for the help.

·
Living the Dream
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I figured i would post the pics i took, it was pretty fun racing the clock.
this first one is after 12 mins.

Attachments

·
Living the Dream
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
From there i found the little bastard that fell through

Attachments

·
Living the Dream
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
From there i took pics at 24 mins, 36 mins and then at 45 mins in the order they are posted. just thought it was a fun little post. hope the size doesn't screw anything up. Damn i love these bikes!! :king:

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts