MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some chop knocked my bike over where it was parked recently and a few parts are going to need replacing :cussing:
Looking for some advice on what might have worked for you or if you know of replacements that would leave me better off than dealing with the local stealership

1. Headlight lens has a crack that looks like it's going to spread - OEM replacement costs a small fortune and only sells as a complete unit. Haven't come across any lens-only solutions or aftermarket units that look OK on the bike
  2. End of brake lever end broke off. I've done a temp repair but it looks crap so want to replace both original hand levers with shorties. Been looking online but there doesn't seem to be much available for my particular model . Wondering if 910/990/1090 bits will fit here?
  3. Back brake lever is bent. Worth replacing rear sets completely? Anyone fitted something that works and looks the part? (and that isn't going to break the bank ... was looking at the Rizoma Evo's, but my sack , suppliers are not nervous to stick it in deep down here in ZA and the exchange rate with an import doesn't help either)

·
Administrator
19,819 Posts
Well that just sucks !!!

There is no alternative for the headlight...unfortunately. The handlebar levers should interchange. You could compare part numbers to confirm. I use CRG levers on my Brutale. Don't care for the shorty clutch, but do have one for the brake.

Have never seen affordable rear sets that were any good. All the nice kit are pricey. May want to stick with the OE brake lever.

Good luck.

·
Registered
14,498 Posts
?

Take the headlight lens to a windshield repair shop......
they'll drill a tiny hole and fix the crack with a type of crazy glue.....

Look it up on YouTube

1 - 4 of 4 Posts