MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will this exhaust http://www.emotouk.com/mvagusta/corseexhaust.htm from the bottom of the page fit Brutale 1078?

It says that it will, but; there are suppose to be lambda sensors in manifold on Brute 1078; so does this exhaust have nipples for sensors? If anyone knows, please...?

Also, how can be air/fuel ratio managed on this bike with 5SM computer? Only with program that FBF has?
I assume that AF ratio has to be corrected after installation of this system.

·
Administrator
20,048 Posts
Not sure of fitment, but you will need a "Race" ECU, or some other means of correcting fueling. MV probably has a "kit" ECU for the pipes, if they are offering the pipes for the 1078. I would contact MV directly for info on this. 910 parts catalog shows the "Special Exhaust" kit including ECU (or chip for pre-Euro3 bikes). 1078 parts catalog should have same info if it is available.

I thought the 1078 cylinders were taller, but regardless of physical fit the exhaust would not be tuned precisely for the larger capacity engine. It would just be for looks, weight and sound.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ed. Do you have any of this catalogs in digital form? So you could send them? I have never seen them before.

·
Administrator
20,048 Posts
From my parts catalog, purchased from my dealer in CD-Rom format. PDF file. Had to copy into a word document to import here.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
ATTENTION! the 910r Ti lines WILL NOT FIT THE 1078RR!!!

You can force-fit them but once the engine is running, the line will bend with the heat and ultimately break.
And it will break really quickly...not after 2 or 3 weeks.

We also are waiting for the 1078RR Ti Lines and we will certainly let you know once they are available.
The RACE ECU for the 1078RR is not yet available either. The 910 RACE ECU WILL NOT WORK ON THE 1078RR.

·
Administrator
20,048 Posts
You can force-fit them but once the engine is running, the line will bend with the heat and ultimately break.
And it will break really quickly...not after 2 or 3 weeks.
Somehow I expected that...first hand experience I presume :jsm: :shitfan:

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Ed, Jay. Please notify me(it will probably be written up here, right?), when you will have Titanium exhaust available for 1078.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
You're welcome. We'll certainly make an announcement in our section when it's available : MarketPlace/Vesuvio Racing.
...i'm looking for one as well for my 1078RR :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts