MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Ducati Miami to check on the Corse they had on Cycle Trader, and I must say I was quite dissapointed :jsm: .
IN MY OPINION (sorry sgcullen :) )

Cons

-[The paint is weak compared to that of the regular 1000, the regular 1000 has more depth, the corse one is lighter, and looks red-orangeish {not that much}

-[ The seat, which is shown on pictures as being a beautiful 2 tone color looked... well... Cheap The color didn't look anywhere near that of the paint, (the only way it looks like the same color is on pictures) It was more of like the red that Ducati, and Ferrari use on their race machines so they look red and visible on camera. It looked rather poor :(

-[ Costs more than a R, while it is based on an S, and doesn't even have marchesinis

Pros

-[ I got to see an MV :) ... again

-[ Another special edition I have witnessed :)

-[ It's limited

-[ I got a 998 Evoluzione kit brochure from the guy with the R in the pictures I posted earlier

-[ Going to DUCATIMIAMI is always a good thing (except when you fall in love with a tamburini they had sitting in the showroon for 1 year, and coming shortly after my last visit, and having to find out that my baby has been sold :bawling:

Just wanted to let you guys know

·
Registered
338 Posts
Do they still have the new 998R?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Interesting comments, I thought that the limited editions got that little more love and attention.
I saw my first Corse at the Sydney bike show, can't remember the finish, however I do agree on the orange/red...or whatever colour its supposed to be (no offence to owners!) I would have gone for the Mamba over the Corse....

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
agusta01 said:
Interesting comments, I thought that the limited editions got that little more love and attention.
I saw my first Corse at the Sydney bike show, can't remember the finish, however I do agree on the orange/red...or whatever colour its supposed to be (no offence to owners!) I would have gone for the Mamba over the Corse....
I saw the mamba, and I really liked it too :)

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
998R,best Duke to have IMO until the Desmodesicis come along at least. :)

·
Registered
338 Posts
d-_-b Tamburini d-_-b said:
Back Off from my future baby!

Yeah, they do, and I am unfortunately no closer to having it than I was 1 year ago :(
And for the price their asking I'm sure you can stare at it for another year!

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This photo is by sgcullen (sorry for using your amazingly detailed photos against you :( ) If you look closely, you can see the actual color of the seat. It looks like this :jsm:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does anyone know if the seat that Alex has on his replicas is the one from MV-SP, or is it his own?

Since his paint is stock MV red, it might be interesting to see up close, after seeing a real corse.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sgcullen said:
That's alright...you guys just don't have a clue about good design. :stickpoke
I like the design, just not the shade of color, and the fact that the seat doesn't match. I don't mean to disrespect you, or your bike in any way, I just think that for that price, they should either make it official MV red, match the seat color to the bike color, or even make the panels out of carbon fiber.

·
Registered
410 Posts
d-_-b Tamburini d-_-b said:
I like the design, just not the shade of color, and the fact that the seat doesn't match. I don't mean to disrespect you, or your bike in any way, I just think that for that price, they should either make it official MV red, match the seat color to the bike color, or even make the panels out of carbon fiber.
All, before anyone thinks differently, I was just joking around in my previous posts. Where I grew up, we would say "I was just bustin' your balls". I didn't take offense to anything that has been said here...as I've said many times...I like my Corse and it doesn't matter to me if you don't.

As our Aussie friends would say, "No worries mate".

1 - 14 of 14 Posts