MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My battery is dead, long time unused. I just bought a Battery Tender Junior but I would like to know if it is neccessary to disconnect the negative post from the battery of the bike in order to connect the tender or if it is safe to just connect the negative plug from the Tender straight to the chassis of the bike without unplugging the post from my Brutale R as stated on the user manual of the Battery Tender ???

:confused:

Thank´s for your input.

R.T.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Push-start the bike and ride it.

I used my tender after that deployment to keep the battery from dying....not recharging it.

My R6 battery died from sitting a long time when I was on deployment in the Navy. I came home, push-started the bike and rode for about 2 hours...funnest way to recharge it. And if it doesn't hold a charge, atleast you got some riding in, and weren't just sitting around wondering if the bike will start after it's been on the tender for a couple hours.

·
Registered
417 Posts
if leaving bike for long periods of non use,get a optimizer and plug in,keeps battery topped up all the time,if you leave and its allways flat can overload the sytem,dukes are prone to this ive been told.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts