MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would start up a seperate thread for this topic to see how much support there is to have a seat manufactured for the Brutale. I have emailed Corbin and they have sent me a reply, I have attached the reply and anyone that is interested is encouraged to go into the link and complete the request form as stated by the Corbin rep. The email I recieved from Corbin is attached below with the link to complete the form.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for writing. Currently, we do not make a seat for that bike. You can fill in a product request form here:
http://www.corbin.com/new/mrequest.shtml and if you have buddies with the same bike who would like the same part, have them fill in the form as well.

Corbin prides itself on customer suggestions and we have done parts strictly from word of mouth.

I hope this info helps - if you have any other questions feel free to give us a call at 800-223-4332 or 800-538-7035 (or 831-634-1100 outside the US) and one of our reps will be ready to assist you. Thanks for your interest with Corbin, it's much appreciated.

Regards,
Michael Alva
Corbin Saddles

·
Registered
304 Posts
I never liked Corbin seats before, because I like to ride close to the front and their seating position was not comfortable for me.

Having said that, I would love to retain the seat shape and position, but make seat more comfortable.

If corbin can do that, then sign me up for a seat!!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ks9mm said:
I never liked Corbin seats before, because I like to ride close to the front and their seating position was not comfortable for me.

Having said that, I would love to retain the seat shape and position, but make seat more comfortable.

If corbin can do that, then sign me up for a seat!!
If you go into the link and fill out the form you can put your thoughts into the comments section, I have put in mine the same as what you have said. But the more people that fill in the request form the more chance we have of getting one manufactured, so go for it. It takes 30 seconds to fill the form in with no ties attached.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks, Michael for starting this thread. I for one have filled the request form. I hope something comes of it!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I had a Corbin for my Aprilia. It has quite a painful experience dealing with them They were not very responsive. THe seat when it finally arrived, did not fit and I had to send it back. Still did not fit because the latch mechanism did not line up. I finally ended doing the mod myself.
I have also heard similar stories for other people as well.

The seat is a very good product and was a great improvement over stock. I would consider a Sargent Seat, if they make one.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Idubbs said:
Thanks, Michael for starting this thread. I for one have filled the request form. I hope something comes of it!
Good stuff Idubbs, by the way it's Mark not Michael.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
kilat said:
I had a Corbin for my Aprilia. It has quite a painful experience dealing with them They were not very responsive. THe seat when it finally arrived, did not fit and I had to send it back. Still did not fit because the latch mechanism did not line up. I finally ended doing the mod myself.
I have also heard similar stories for other people as well.

The seat is a very good product and was a great improvement over stock. I would consider a Sargent Seat, if they make one.
Fair enough, would you consider looking into the Sargent seat for us??

·
Registered
22 Posts
Corbin

I have had Corbin seats for two bikes, a Triumph Bonneville and a Ducati 900SS. No problems with the products or the service. Big improvement over stock. They take the pressure off my nuts and place it on my butt, which I appreciate if I'm in the saddle more than 2 hours a day. My 2 cents.

Cheers,

Vince

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
forget sargent
they will REWORK YOUR SEAT....
but, to create a seat for the bike will take 2 years minimum
they've taken that long to create seats for BMW bikes with prodution runs 20 times as great

they make great stuff....
and you can GO there (Jacksonville, FL) with you own seat pan and give it to them.....
wait 2 weeks and get something amazing back
but.... little else is possible with them (and i LOVE this company)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
spalding12 said:
forget sargent
they will REWORK YOUR SEAT....
but, to create a seat for the bike will take 2 years minimum
they've taken that long to create seats for BMW bikes with prodution runs 20 times as great

they make great stuff....
and you can GO there (Jacksonville, FL) with you own seat pan and give it to them.....
wait 2 weeks and get something amazing back
but.... little else is possible with them (and i LOVE this company)
Well Greg does that mean you will take charge and find out what the go is, prices, styles, material etc....? Good on ya mate. ;)

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
yes...
i will call my friends in jacksonville who deal with sargent and find out what they know
and....
i'll put another call into corbin today
if i had the time, i'd ride over there
it might take a couple of weeks (i'd rather do that on my new K1200GT... but, it isn't in yet.....
riding the Brutale 500 miles roundtrip, 99% on the interstate... would be Brutal, to say the very least (and not so good for the bike either)
but...
i'll take the seats with me to find out what they can do for all of us

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
spalding12 said:
yes...
i will call my friends in jacksonville who deal with sargent and find out what they know
and....
i'll put another call into corbin today
if i had the time, i'd ride over there
it might take a couple of weeks (i'd rather do that on my new K1200GT... but, it isn't in yet.....
riding the Brutale 500 miles roundtrip, 99% on the interstate... would be Brutal, to say the very least (and not so good for the bike either)
but...
i'll take the seats with me to find out what they can do for all of us

Sounds great Greg let us know if we can do anything from our end, emails etc..

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have an extra 910R passenger seat that I got provide as a template for a company to use in building another seat. I don't have the solo seat though.

I'd hope to get the seat back, but I don't need it know.

Let me know if there is any interest.

Steve

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
lkyk9 said:
I have an extra 910R passenger seat that I got provide as a template for a company to use in building another seat. I don't have the solo seat though.

I'd hope to get the seat back, but I don't need it know.

Let me know if there is any interest.

Steve
Good on ya Steve, I am sure Greg will get in touch if he needs it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I apologise Mark. I think I'm suffering from wandering-eye syndrome similar to Greg mis-identifying F4 T-shirt for the Brutale one on another thread!
Ivan.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts