MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a call today from the Corbin/Daytona store and they now have their Brutale seat available for purchase.

$299 for leather seating area and vinyl sides.

If I keep the bike more than six months, I'll probably have to get the seat. IMO anything Corbin does makes the ride better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
193 Posts
GasCitySmitty said:
Got a call today from the Corbin/Daytona store and they now have their Brutale seat available for purchase.

$299 for leather seating area and vinyl sides.

If I keep the bike more than six months, I'll probably have to get the seat. IMO anything Corbin does makes the ride better.
In my opinion, I would try and borrow a seat before I bought one.
I have one, it's ok but nothing to brag about.

I tried to post a 2.5 MB .MOV file of my seat, but it was rejected so here are some pics instead. I'll put the MOV file on my website and maybe you guys can get a better view of the seat.

When I picked up my bike I didn't have time to let Corbin adjust it. It is firm, and I don't slide around on it. It is also a lot heavier than the stock seat. I like it, but I am not crazy about it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
193 Posts
fazer6 said:
Any overall shots?--looks fairly ugly

I have these two only. My others are out of focus. Actually in person the seat doesn't look too bad. It goes with the lines on the bike. The back plate is metal not plastic like the stock seat.
There is a walk around video on my website if you want to download it.
You might get a better view. http://www.910r.com/Corbin/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
TPadden said:
I've seen enough shots :) ! How ugly does it feel after a 300 mile ride is the only thing I care about. :smoking:

Tom
I agree, the only problem is what is comfy for one person isn't necessarily comfortable for someone else. Some friends swear by them. But, I usually end up swearing at them. I've had 3 Corbins and didn't like any of them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
I'm not convinced about the styling, but what swings it for me on the comfort front is Krokus's dog! He looks pretty comfortable on the bike to me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,179 Posts
TPadden said:
I've seen enough shots :) ! How ugly does it feel after a 300 mile ride is the only thing I care about. :smoking:

Tom
Tom, still happy with your seat from Spencer's?

BTW, if you haven't done some suspension work I'd recommend it. Made a huge difference for me in handling and comfort.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
443 Posts
emmvee said:
Tom, still happy with your seat from Spencer's?

BTW, if you haven't done some suspension work I'd recommend it. Made a huge difference for me in handling and comfort.
Yep - it was a big improvement; but there is still room for for more :D.

Did about 150 miles today and my suspension is pretty good for the Ozarks but will be softened in a month or so when I return to Florida.

Tom
Gainesville, Mo.
Weeki Wachee, Fl.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Krokus_910R said:
In my opinion, I would try and borrow a seat before I bought one.
I have one, it's ok but nothing to brag about.

I tried to post a 2.5 MB .MOV file of my seat, but it was rejected so here are some pics instead. I'll put the MOV file on my website and maybe you guys can get a better view of the seat.

When I picked up my bike I didn't have time to let Corbin adjust it. It is firm, and I don't slide around on it. It is also a lot heavier than the stock seat. I like it, but I am not crazy about it.
What exactly is it that you don't like?

It looks like it might slide you even more forward than the stocker, but I'd think most Corbin seats being wider, it would be more comfy than the original.

Looks really good to me, but I'm a huge Corbin fan.

If I could find a used seat for the Brute, I'd send it to Sargent's and have them do one for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
349 Posts
910/750???

I put in a question to Corbin, figure, I'd ask here as well... Any reason why this wouldn't fit a 750S as well?

Thanks!
Jason
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
193 Posts
GasCitySmitty said:
What exactly is it that you don't like?
I didn't say I didn't like it, I just said I wasn't crazy about it.
It is my fault, I never had Corbin do the finishing touches in their
Ride In Department. I was behind schedule picking it up, they had
it 7 weeks and never started the bike, so when I got there it wouldn't start.
I spent valuable time messing with the dead battery and then having to load the bike into a trailer to get it home.
That said....

I rode the bike all day today from sun up to sun down. The seat is firm but not abusive to the riders butt. It feels flatter than the stock seat, but to be honest it has been 3 months since I rode with the stock seat so I am putting it back on tomorrow and will ride again to compare. The corbin seat gives me just a touch of pressure to the back ofmy thighs, but again I never had it fitted correctly and this may be curable.

Like I said before, I like the seat, but I am not crazy about it. To me it is just something I have to change the charactor of the bike, which I can quickly change back again should the mood suit me.

If anyone lives in Northern California, and wants to toss a leg over the bike and feel the seat first hand, just ask. I'd be gald to let you check it out first hand and get your opinions. If I had $299.00 to spend on my bike, I'd probably get one or two other things first before I got a new seat. The stock seat didn't seem so bad, or is it the Corbin seat doesn't seem that much better than the stock seat..... hmmmmm.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top